Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with a prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
As an engineer, when something goes wrong, we are the first to respond. We know what to do — and if we don't, we figure it out. As a Product Reliability Engineer, you’ll need to be resourceful, analytical, and agile. Every day is as different as Checkr’s products, and our customer’s problems are constantly evolving. Collaboration — with customers, developers, and business teams — is essential to resolving the most difficult and nebulous technical issues. You'll apply creativity and deep technical knowledge to convert what you know, and what you learn, into a better software product.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr:
- Become a Checkr Product Expert
- Improve visibility into key critical Checkr product metrics and detect anomalies
- Work closely with Product and Customer Success to iterate, define and implement key product health metrics
- Provide education and guidance on configuring and working with Checkr products to detect and prevent issues before they occur
- Contribute to the end-to-end quality of the product by verifying fixes and advocating for improvements
- Champion Design for Reliability (DfR) at every stage of the product and software lifecycle
- Prepare concise, detailed, and focused reliability test plans and reports
- Transform consumer requirements into product technical requirements, metrics and tests that validate product and process robustness
- Utilize reliability statistics to identify trends and provide a clear assessment of risks
- Maintain and own documentation and runbooks for each of the key customer health dashboards
- Own incident commander responsibilities for detected issues
What we value in a Product Reliability Engineer:
- Awesome problem-solving skills and the ability to break down complex concepts.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in a fast moving environment with dynamic objectives.
- Ability to think creatively and define product and customer needs.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions under minimal supervision.
- Excellent teamwork and written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Experience with BI tools like Looker or Tableau
- Experience with scripting languages like Ruby, Python or Go
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).