Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Our Workplace Operations Manager, reporting to the Director of Workplace, will be an important addition to the Workplace team’s function and will have a huge impact on our company culture and workplace productivity. We are looking for someone with not only great technical & management expertise, but an upbeat and approachable attitude, impeccable customer service skills and a willingness to do whatever needs doing.
- Manages day to day facilities operations including Janitorial, HVAC, food service, and general maintenance for 70,000+ sq ft corporate headquarters
- Creating and executing internal company events and interface with external events
- Manages, supports and mentors the internal office team, currently 3 FTEs and 4 contractors
- Owns all aspects of vendor management, including sourcing, contract negotiating, benchmarking, oversight, and on-going evaluation
- Manages relationship with Property Management for building operations and maintenance
- Oversees space planning and MAC (moves, adds, and changes)
- Manages special projects as needed, executing from beginning to completion
- 6+ years strategic and operational facilities management experience
- 2+ years of direct people management experience
- Event management experience a plus
- IFMA CFM credential a plus
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with the ability to collaborate and communicate across the office spectrum, from vendor to executive
- Experience with OfficeSpace, Envoy, Google Meets, Sonos, Teem and Zoom Rooms and/or other FM applications is a plus
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).