Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
The Physical Security Site Manager will be responsible for physical security program implementation, management, and execution at our San Francisco HQ. This newly created position, reporting to the Director of Workplace, will be both hands on and strategic. You will interact and coordinate with management across the company to help plan, improve, and execute all physical security policies and programs. We are looking for someone who takes pride in their work and holds themselves to the highest ethical standards.
- Owns and executes all aspects of Checkr’s physical security program
- Manages all security systems and oversee security vendors
- Manages on-site applicant interactions
- Assists with on-site event security planning and execution
- Conducts security investigations and coordinates with external law enforcement, emergency services, building security, and government agency professionals on an as needed basis.
- Drafts and/or edits security incident reports
- Owns and maintains our database of security incidents and threats
- Helps plan, implement and enforce physical security guidelines, policies and procedures
- Contributes thought leadership and counsel in all areas of safety, security, and privacy
What you bring:
- 5+ yrs of professional experience in corporate security or related high tech environment
- Must possess and maintain a State of California BSIS Guard Card
- Experience interfacing with federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies is a plus
- Ability to handle stressful situations and emergencies, while exercising good judgement
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate complex concepts clearly
- Experience programming & managing access control and video surveillance systems a must
- Proficiency with MS Office and Google Drive, Mail & Docs
- Ability to work varied schedules as needed including event work
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).