Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has landed on Forbes' 'Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2016' List. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide second chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead our Enterprise Core team, which works on providing foundational services for our enterprise SaaS platform. In this role, you will lead the team responsible for account management, authentication, billing, and messaging services. This involves designing foundational enterprise level services, collaboration with product and stakeholders to gather feedback, product development, mentoring and general satisfaction. This work directly impacts our mission in creating a fairer future - come help us change the world!
What a typical week week may look like at Checkr:
- Optimizing engineering processes and policies
- Representing the team in planning and product meetings
- Planning and implementing hiring strategies to attract talent
- Advocate for Checkr engineering and management at industry events
- Mentoring and career development with team members
- Designing, implementing and scaling our enterprise core services
What we value in an Engineering Manager:
- 4+ years as an engineering manager building SaaS services
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building products that work at web scale
- Able to develop inclusive teams to foster growth and diversity
- Worked at a startup
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or work experience in related field
- Proficiency in Ruby or Python
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.