Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
As a member of the Industry Strategy team, the Director of Industry Strategy - Retail will partner with Sales, Customer Success Compliance, Product, Marketing and Business Development teams to drive business strategy, client outcomes, and overall growth in the large enterprise/Retail space and beyond.
- Serve as Checkr’s key Subject Matter Expert on the Retail industry, the changing landscape, key trends, and new challenges
- Support the Sales team in educating potential clients on the New World of Work and how Checkr’s product offerings help evolve the way people search, apply, and onboard with employers
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing in establishing strategy and solution positioning for enterprise Retail targets
- Support key clients in change management, transformation strategy, and program design
- Provide insights on emerging technologies and trends impacting the background check industry as it relates to Retail, while analyzing competitive activity and dynamics
- Identify new business and technology opportunities, the related dependencies and associated risks
- Provide product teams with industry requirements and customer feedback that influence future product roadmaps to ensure Checkr is meeting the evolving needs of our customers
- Act as a Thought Leader to connect the Checkr story to the longer-term, multi-year view of the industry as a whole.
What you bring:
- 7-10+ yrs of experience supporting the Retail industry
- Deep knowledge of Retail and contingent workforce management, and related compliance and regulatory issues
- Strong business acumen and executive presence
- Passion for technology and knowledge of cloud solutions and technology trends related to the Retail and BGC industry
- Inspirational communicator with strong written and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate at the executive level.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with diplomatic skills and poise.
- Strong market and customer research skills
- Flexibility and strong learning agility with the ability to juggle and complete multiple priorities and projects (internally and externally) in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to travel as necessary.
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).