Checkr is disrupting the dormant background screening industry and building a global trust and safety platform. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy. We already host an elite roster of customers and partners including Uber, Instacart, Handy, Zenefits, iCracked, Caviar, and more. Checkr is featured in Mary Meeker's 2015 Internet Trends report http://www.kpcb.com/internet-trends (slide 42). We are looking for highly talented teammates to help us continue our growth.
Checkr Inc is looking for a self-motivated, process-oriented individual for the position of Investigations Associate. This position requires a candidate with strong communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to remain calm in stressful situations, and acute attention to detail. Looking for a problem solver at heart, who can’t stop until they reach the last unsolved puzzle.
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
The Investigations Associate specifically works on confirming accuracy of Checkr’s background checks. This includes searching online databases and working with court researchers to investigate disputed reports, under tight timelines and with a high level of accuracy.
- Review and confirm the accuracy of report information using online resources, communication with court researchers and other resources as needed.
- Work cross-functionally with Applicant Support Team and the Customer Success Team regarding ongoing re-investigations.
- Collaborate with the Operations and Compliance teams to redefine and implement processes to improve quality and timeliness of dispute resolution
What you bring:
- 1-2 years open source research experience, including media/journalism, market research, academia, et al.
- Attention to detail and extremely well organized -- not afraid to dig deep and handle a large workload.
- Ability to make judgment calls -- self-driven and able to thrive while working independently
- Loves a great puzzle
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Process and solution oriented; Flexible
- Works well under pressure, comfortable in working within time restrictions and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to diffuse difficult situations
- Interest in and knowledge of local, State and Federal court structures a plus
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).