Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for an experienced Director of Engineering to build and lead our quality organization. This will include owning our quality engineering developer tooling, manual QA for product quality and our support engineering team. This team will be responsible for enabling higher quality across the product engineering organization and partnering with our Customer Service and Operations teams. This team will build and own tools, processes, and metrics that enable us to delight our customers with a reliable, performant and high quality product.
What a typical week week may look like at Checkr:
- Optimizing engineering processes and policies
- Representing the team in planning and product meetings
- Planning and implementing hiring strategies to attract talent
- Advocate for Checkr engineering and management at industry events
What we value in a Director of Engineering:
- 7+ years as an engineering manager with 3+ years managing managers
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building products that work at web scale
- Able to develop inclusive teams to foster growth and diversity
- Worked at a startup
- Experience with microservices
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or work experience in related field
- Proficiency in Ruby or Python
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).