Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
We’re looking for a Security Engineer to join our team to help us protect our infrastructure and applications. Engineers who can help us evolve our automation and monitoring systems that will allow us to respond to problems more efficiently.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr
- Perform vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments
- Implementing new application and network-level features focused on improving security
- Correctly balance security risk and product advancement
- Research, architect, and execute solutions that will advance internal security monitoring & controls
- Evaluate new technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities
- Create and execute training exercises to advance developers’ security knowledge
- Provide technical inputs, evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies to support monitoring cloud-based environments
- Defines security configurations for threat detection and prevention tools
- Designs automated workflows to streamline security operations
- Monitors and proactively manages supported products and services to assure their performance, availability, security, and capacity.
- Security tool administration and support (Network/Endpoint/Threat Hunting/Investigations)
- Strong understanding of enterprise logging, with a focus on security event logging
- Designs, implements, configures and manages solutions within the supported Linux technologies, products, and services.
What we value in a Security Engineer
- Solid understanding of web application architecture (include microservices)
- Strong understanding of AWS services and architectures
- Familiarity with intrusion detection, monitoring and logging best practices
- Experience in Ruby and Go
- Intimate knowledge of Cloud, Public Cloud security best practices and monitoring of systems and services hosted in the cloud(IaaS, SaaS etc)
- Knowledge and experience with virtualization and containerization(kubernetes, docker)
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze and resolve issues independently
- Knowledge of project management tasks, experience creating application documentation, and demonstrated ability to train other team members.
- Knowledge of security vendors and security product capabilities
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).