Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
The Checkr marketing team is expanding to help fuel the ongoing hyper growth of the Checkr business. We’re looking for an experienced Events Marketing Sr. Manager to plan and execute a wide variety of events to both drive brand recognition, pipeline generation, and customer engagement. This individual will be responsible for the planning and execution of all prospect and customer facing events, including sponsored events and tradeshows, Checkr hosted field events, customer advisory boards, CXO dinners, and a future customer conference. This person will have the opportunity to build the overall event strategy for a high-growth startup from scratch, while also being provided with the resources to do so at the highest caliber. If this excites you, then this is the perfect role for you.
- Drive strategy for determining which events to attend, how to engage at each event, and how events feed into the business goals of the company.
- Execute flawless events globally through managing all aspects of event coordination including: budgeting, event and program messaging, materials creation, signage/giveaways, contract negotiation, vendor relations, site selection, accommodations, participant registration, agenda scheduling, staffing, on-site production, F&B, and logistics.
- Own marketing campaign strategy to drive event attendance and ensure on-site engagement, meetings, and conversion from attendees.
- Coordinate with sales and customer success to follow up on leads from each event and track ongoing to close the loop on pipeline generation and revenue.
- Lead cross-team collaboration and communication among internal event stakeholders, such as management, sales, and customer success, as well as external vendors and our event agency.
- Own event KPIs through evaluation of performance, post-event ROI tracking, and wrap-up reports.
- 5+ years of direct event and field marketing experience. We’re looking for an experienced event marketing manager who has already built a successful events program at a B2B technology company.
- Proven effectiveness in budgeting, contract negotiations, and vendor management.
- Solid understanding of event technology -- promotion, registration, onsite lead capture and reporting.
- Extremely organized, self-starter, detail-oriented, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong experience working with a cross-functional marketing team, demonstrating understanding of the various marketing functions such as product marketing, demand generation, and comms.
- Willing and able to travel up to 30% of the time.
What You Get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Diversity at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).