Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for a full-time Design Associate to work on external and internal design projects. The ideal candidate has the design skills necessary to help elevate and support Checkr’s marketing, digital and content strategy. Candidates should have a passion for content design, illustration, and digital marketing. Daily projects would include presentation design, illustration, infographics, event materials design, and larger scale branding projects. This role will be able to make a significant impact on the future of Checkr’s brand as it continues to grow.
- Design marketing and sales collateral consistent with our brand image
- Create custom illustrations and infographics to be used across all platforms
- Support the product marketing and demand generation team to produce print and digital demand generation materials including booth designs, event materials, collateral, ads, emails, and landing pages
- Collaborate with content marketing to create blog imagery and graphics, as well as, LinkedIn, Facebook, and other social ads to help push the brand forward
- Build out additional document templates and continue to build a consistent brand at Checkr
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, and customer success teams to create meaningful presentations
What you bring:
- A strong portfolio
- An attention to detail and an interest in how design can influence marketing
- Extensive knowledge of typography, layout, color theory, and design aesthetic
- Highly proficient in Adobe CC specifically Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop
- Experience with creating designs used for digital and social communications
- Presentation design and tools to execute preferred (i.e. Google Slides, PPT, Keynote)
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).