Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is currently looking to hire a Manager, Quality Assurance. Our Quality Assurance team is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and optimization of background reports prior to completion. In this role, you will provide day to day leadership and support for a team of 3-5 QA Associates, work with Sr. leadership to develop new processes and workflows and drive product improvements. We are looking for a stellar people manager who is also project-management oriented and cross-collaborative.
- Provide leadership, feedback, coaching and conduct conduct bi-annual performance reviews for a team of 3-5 QA Associates
- Own training and onboarding of new associates
- Work with QA Sr. Manager to help scale the team including headcount planning, workflow allocation, efficiency gains, and workflow and product improvements
- Responsible for meeting critical KPIs in accordance with overall QA team OKRs (ex. TAT goals, backlog reduction, daily productivity targets)
- Identify and own specific subject matter or process areas and act as a key point person for any related cross-functional issue. You’ll act as a representative of the team and participate a number of cross-team initiatives
- Collaborate with Sr. Manager to implement process change, policies and improvements in a fast-paced environment of expansion
- Drive product improvement asks by collecting feedback and channeling to Sr. Manager and appropriate quality and product related teams
What you bring
- Relevant experience or College degree preferred
- 4+ years of management experience
- Experience interviewing, coaching and mentoring others is required
- Zendesk and Google Suite experience preferred
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous situations and look for ways to optimize performance and workflows
- Effective and timely communicator -- you will be responsible for providing feedback and cross-functional communication around product and process changes
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask and juggle both people management and overall team initiatives and project
- You lead by example and have a natural ability to build rapport. You don’t mind getting in the weeds and learning about the nature of the day to day work
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).