Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for a VP, Business Development to help scale the company’s efforts to drive demand across Enterprise and Mid-Market customers. Reporting to the VP, Sales, you will manage our business plans for alliances and channel, develop close partner relationships, orchestrate cross-functional execution, and drive business success while managing the BD team.
This is a strategic, high-impact role, focused on building strategic relationships with HR Tech platforms, expanding our integrated offerings and value propositions, defining our BD strategy and driving revenue growth through joint go-to-market (e.g., co-marketing, co-sell and field teaming, referrals). You will collaborate closely cross-functionally across all departments to develop alignment and coordinate execution.
The role will require ~30% travel.
- Manage the BD organization across Alliances and Channel teams
- Scale and hire across both teams to increase leverage and revenue
- Manage our key alliance relationships, partnership planning and joint bookings goal setting, and operational execution with HR Technology vendors (ATS, HRIS)
- Develop close relationships with key stakeholders in the partner organizations
- Define go-to-market strategies and priorities in conjunction with team members
- Identify and manage opportunities to grow joint business through integrated solution offerings and go-to-market initiatives (e.g., co-marketing, co-sell and field teaming, sales through cloud marketplaces)
- Source, structure and close partner deals
- Manage partnership business planning, including metrics/goals, offerings and solutions integrations, marketing, enablement, sales, etc. with a focus on key priorities for success
- Track and report on metrics/goals (e.g., ARR growth, customer adoption), identify improvement opportunities, and drive alignment
- Define joint value propositions, sources of differentiation, messaging, positioning and in some cases packaging and pricing with ecosystem partners
- Define and implement a strategic rollout plan from signed contract through integration and ongoing education involving all stakeholders.
- Develop playbooks to scale programs across partners
- Work with executive team to build and maintain relationships, managing and leveraging the relationship through each stage of its life-cycle.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication to team and company on various partnership initiatives.
What you bring:
- Entrepreneurial with bias for action
- Strategic perspective on how to create value
- “Virtual general manager” mindset with a holistic view on the partnership
- Highly collaborative both externally developing strong relationships with partners and teaming up well internally (e.g., PM, Eng, Sales, Marketing)
- Proven success developing and delivering on strategic plans with leading tech companies (Top 10 Global ISV) as well as mid-sized SaaS vendors for significant business impact.
- Experience working at a startup (1,000 employees and under), building key partnerships during scaling.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including at the C-level
- HR Tech ecosystem experience a plus
- 15 years of relevant professional experience
- Track record of high performance in prior roles
- Solid understanding of partnerships and alliances and how they can create value for the business
- Effective manager with experience owning a business function
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).