Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr’s rapid growth brings expansion to IT. We are looking for somebody to be one of the first IT Network Engineer who will be responsible for owning, maintaining and building Checkr’s network infrastructure for the future and growth.
- Ownership of Checkr network
- Administer LAN, Wifi, WAN and VPN
- Manage and prioritize multiple problems and issues with minimal supervision, excellent organizational skills, a teamwork approach to work but also act independently to solve problems when necessary
- Hands on experience with network design and implementation
- Identify network related issues and propose solutions to address these issues
- Documentation of existing and future network schema
- Lead the strategy of current and future network infrastructure in multiple locations
What you bring:
- Understanding of OSI network model, Ethernet and TCP/IP networking
- Experienced in working with firewall, DNS, SMTP, IPSec and RADIUS
- Strong knowledge in building, designing & maintaining network infrastructure
- Strong knowledge in Cisco Meraki and Aruba systems
- Strong knowledge of AWS and VPC
- Strong knowledge of network segregation and VLAN implementations
- Experienced with network security and access (802.1x, ACL)
- 4+ years experience in Network Engineering role
- Built a new network infrastructure from the ground up
- Certified CCNP, CCNA
- Strong network troubleshoot skills in a L2/L3 environment
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).