Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
We are looking for a Directory of Security and IT to own our IT and security teams and be responsible for our business’ information security, risk, and compliance activities. Given the scale and sensitive nature of the information that Checkr processes, security is core to our mission and we are looking to invest heavily in related activities and innovate in the space. This role would also own creating a delightful and productive technology experience for all Checkr employees.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr:
- Own a security organization that balances the need for high quality security services with high velocity
- Keep the company, customers and consumers data safe
- Drive security awareness and presence within the community
- Engage with external parties to showcase the company’s security posture
- Engaging with the broader company to ensure alignment on policy, procedures, and objectives
- Provide guidance to Product and Engineering team to ensure risk is taken into account for all product development
- Partner closely with facilities to create a delightful technology experience for all Checkr employees
What we value in an Director of Security and IT
- 7+ years experience owning Security teams and desire to grow as a manager, coach & mentor
- 5+ years owning IT teams
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience driving programs necessary to achieve ISO 27001, SOC 2, GDPR, or equivalent certifications, where appropriate.
- Ability to directly represent Checkr and our security practices to strategic prospects and customers
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).