Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
About the Role
Checkr is seeking to hire a Product Designer. You will be working on features from conception to release, and empathizing with the people who use your product. You will craft transformational user experiences by owning the end-to-end design deliverables on projects for a variety of our products. This position works closely with product designers, product managers, engineers, and executives to create engaging designs that reflect business requirements and support user needs.
- Work in a collaborative product team to identify high-impact opportunities, and then design features that meet our customer’s most important goals
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply high-fidelity detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- Balance short-term product design needs with vision into the future. Spend time exploring ideas on how we can improve the product over the long term
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams, partnering with product management and engineering to conceptualize, build, and ship highly usable product that customers love to use
- Use data to drive your design decisions. You should be just as comfortable extracting answers from our analytics as you are conducting a usability study of a new feature
- Own the design process. As a senior member of the team, we’re counting on you to establish realistic timelines and complete projects on time
- Help improve and elevate the role of design within the company
- 4+ years experience in Product Design
- Experience building clear, effective interactions to accomplish product or business goals
- A strong portfolio of relevant design work with products that have shipped
- Experience with data-informed design, user research, and A/B testing
- You have a deep understanding of best practices and contemporary design patterns
- You are a passionate champion for the user but also know how to mesh business considerations into your design goals
- Experience working with and creating pattern libraries, and passion about design systems and models such as atomic design
- You have working knowledge of git, front-end frameworks (ReactJS or similar), and are comfortable contributing changes without the much assistance of Engineering
- Bringing additional skills such as illustration, branding, photography, motion design, etc
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).