Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking to hire a Senior Product Manager who has a passion for building enterprise products to reach new customers and markets. Our ideal candidate will have a strong customer focus combined with a successful track record of shipping software, managing the product life cycle and collaborating with engineering teams to help deliver product and features.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr:
- Build deep understanding and empathy for external and internal users of Checkr
- Drive the product roadmap & strategy for a broad product surface area
- Collaborate with engineering and design teams to ship new, impactful features
- Lead meetings with sales, product marketing, customer success, business development, customers and technology partners to deeply understand, document, analyze and synthesize customer needs into product priorities, roadmap plans, and detailed specifications.
- Drive cross-functional decisions & alignment
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data on product usage to uncover new insights
What we value in a Senior Product Manager:
- 5+ years experience in product management
- Strong UI/UX skills and attention to detail. You have an instinct for user experience and an understanding of usability best practices.
- Strong ability to analyze, interpret and present data
- Seasoned negotiator
- Experience with scrum or other agile development
- Excellent presentation, written, and oral communication skills
- BS or MS in computer science, electrical engineering, or similar experience
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr:
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).