Check is leading a revolution in the payroll industry. Payroll is the backbone of the US economy, and yet it has not undergone significant innovation in decades. We invented the embedded payroll space to change that (see: Check: Solving the $150 Billion Payroll Problem, Bank On It; Episode 438), both for the business owners who spend countless hours per week running payroll and for the millions of Americans who depend on their next paycheck. At Check, our mission is to empower the most innovative software platforms to create new payroll businesses, and enable those businesses to transform the way companies pay their employees.
Check’s culture is intensely caring: to each other as teammates, to our partners, and to the businesses and workers we serve. Our teams are made up of creative problem solvers and empathetic cross-functional collaborators who can simplify the complexities of payroll. We bring hustle and grit to our day-to-day, while building enduring solutions and relationships.
As a Partner Success Manager at Check, you are the owner and advocate for our Partners. In the past, payroll products took several years of tedious work, costing millions of dollars to build. With Check, our partners are building best-in-class solutions in months and generating revenue from their payroll business as a result. In order for that revenue to be realized, Partner Success must build strong bridges across our mutual teams and resources. They do this by seeing around corners, getting ahead of risk when possible, and creating strategies after analyzing root causes.
You’ll manage these partners by establishing and maintaining a communication cadence with your portfolio, and provide proactive reporting on their status internally. Candidates ideal for this role are tenacious about growth, are goal oriented, and have experience building detailed plans with Partners/customers. These folks have a knack for ruthless prioritization. We’re looking for a Success Manager that can identify trends, risks, and opportunities and execute on targets effectively.
Ultimately, Partner Success Managers are responsible for protecting and growing Check’s revenue which can only be accomplished through careful and thoughtful partner management. We expect our team to roll up their sleeves and execute with a high degree of autonomy, sharing information and knowledge early and often with peers and internal stakeholders. You will work closely with several cross-functional internal and external teams including Sales, Solutions, Product, Engineering, Operations, Compliance, Professional Services, Marketing, Operations, Education, Enablement, and others.
In this role, you will:
- Earn the trust of our Partners and build in-depth relationships by having a complete understanding of their business goals and objectives
- Consult on our Partners payroll business by investigating the root cause of blockers, outlining and selling Partners on the appropriate strategies to unblock inefficiencies and revenue
- Outline mutual success metrics/KPIs with our Partners that align with your and Check’s revenue/growth goals
- Collaborate with our Partners to create strategic plans, generating revenue and consulting on their payroll business
- Execute all phases of the post-sales Partner lifecycle, including ownership of a target, negotiations, and account (partner) management
- Become a product and industry expert, and act as a trusted advisor to ensure your Partner(s) is leveraging the full value of Check
- Develop, execute, and maintain a communication cadence with a portfolio of Partners
- Inform our Education and Enablement counterparts on focus areas relative to Partner needs and pain points
- Identify, clearly communicate and manage risk throughout the year through proactive touchpoints and taking the lead in developing resolution strategies
- Partner with cross-functional teams to build appropriate communication plans including but not limited to releases, roadmap updates, compliance updates, and incident management
- Introduce and implement new products and features to your Partners, evaluate their success and navigate feedback channels with them and Check’s Product team
- Be the connecting element between our Partners most important payroll functions in their business: Operations, Sales/GTM, Business Operations, Product, etc.
- Maintain strong reference ability across your portfolio, ensuring Check and Partner Product Marketing teams have opportunities to work together
Many backgrounds could fit this role, but ideal candidates:
- Have 7+ years of experience
- Post-sales account management or existing account growth experience, successfully owning a portfolio of customer or partner relationships with technical/product needs
- Have experience with full ownership of account lifecycle and exceeding revenue targets or goals (quota)
- Care about your partners and view their success as your own, demonstrate empathy
- Navigate enterprise organizations’ political landscape to develop and expand relationships
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and maintain record keeping in tools/CRM
- Demonstrate flexibility, learn quickly, and able to juggle and complete multiple priorities and projects (internally and externally) in a fast-paced environment
- Have general experience with or knowledge of software applications i.e. Zendesk, Salesforce, Google Apps, etc.
- Appreciate and leverage written documentation as a regular practice
- Enjoy planning, adjusting, executing, winning, and celebrating as a team
- Experience in SaaS space. Experience in the payroll space is a plus
- BS/BA degree or equivalent required
- Are able to travel occasionally as required, ~25%
What we offer:
In the US, Check offers company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, short-term/long-term disability and basic life insurance coverage to all full-time employees, effective on your first day of work. We also provide stock options, flexible PTO and sick leave, 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents and flexible return-to-work, 9 annual holidays, a 401k retirement plan, and a $100 monthly stipend for home internet and mobile phone expenses. Benefits may vary outside the US.
The expected annual salary for this role is between $159,400 and $202,840, dependent upon each candidate’s unique experience and qualifications. Additionally, this role is expected to be eligible for performance-based compensation of $39,000 to $48,000 in the form of commission bonuses.
We accept applications on an ongoing basis with no specified deadline.
Check is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Check is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com with “accommodations” in the subject line.
Check participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Check does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.