At Chattermill we use cutting-edge AI technology to give leading companies the key to improving their customer experience. We work with many of the most exciting companies in the world (Uber, HelloFresh, Transferwise, Skyscanner, and GetYourGuide to name a handful!) and are passionate about helping them put their customers’ at the heart of their decision making.
In four short years, we’ve grown from two co-founders to a team of 50 (and counting) bright and diverse individuals. We have big plans and are now looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our Product team in Berlin to play an integral role in the redesign of the Chattermill platform.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will:
- Work in an agile environment to develop a new version of our app while improving internal tools used by our team
- Collaborate with backend engineers to design and implement new API endpoints with focus on excellent TTFB
- Brainstorm features with our product manager and designer and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Assist our skilled Customer Experience team in triaging bugs and solving issues in production
- Spread the knowledge of new web technologies and best practices within the team
- Take part in peer code review
- Be involved in all steps of the project including design, architecture, implementation and automated tests development
- Work in a multi-functional team to exceed our customers' expectations
What we’re looking for:
- Expertise in building responsive layouts with CSS and HTML
- Experience building and debugging complex SPA in a team
- Good CS fundamentals and practical knowledge of SOLID principles and design patterns
- Strong UX and design sensibilities and an interest in sweating the small stuff
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Self-awareness, a positive attitude, a sense of humour, and empathy
Nice to have:
- Experience with test frameworks and tools including but not limited to Jest, Storybook, Cucumber.js, Puppeteer
- Experience in data visualisation using Highcharts or D3.js
- Good understanding of web security aspects
- Experience in optimising the performance of SPA
Why join us?
- A competitive salary as well as the ability to share in the company’s success through options
- Great progression opportunities - we want you to grow with us!
- 25 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays) + 1 day for your birthday + 1 day for every year of service
- A big focus on personal development including a €550 development budget and monthly Breakfast and Learns
- Flexible working conditions and the opportunity to work from home
- Central office location with free yoga and events
- Quarterly Company Socials planned by our great colleagues!