Chatroulette is hiring talented and focused Front-end engineers in Zug to further drive product enhancements and take our core platform to the next level. We're a small team that's growing fast. We love solving difficult problems, making an impact, owning our contributions, and getting together to share, debate, and discuss ideas with freedom and autonomy.
We work with a modern tech stack: advanced use of TypeScript as our core frontend language, RxJS as our current choice for building a totally asynchronous stream-based application, Refract as a declarative way to manage all our side-effects and Preact as our choice for building fast and small interfaces.
What you will do
- Implement the frontend logic using reactive and typed functional programming techniques.
- Use CSS and style-tooling to implement designs accurate across multiple devices and profiles.
- Deploy ML models client-side to analyse all aspects of the client and conversation
- Test the client(s) using automated and exploratory testing techniques
Who you are
If you are a curious-but-focused thinker with a track record of leading and finishing meaningful projects, you’ll thrive at Chatroulette.
Your experience and skills:
- 3+ years' senior developer experience
- CS degree or equivalent experience
- Highly proficient with build tooling, CSS, styling and more
- Ideally familiar with TypeScript, ReasonML, PureScript, etc.
- Nice to have: familiar with WebRTC and frontend reactive programming
Our journey began in 2009 in a Moscow apartment when Chatroulette captured the world's attention. It was featured in The New York Times, The New Yorker, Good Morning America, and even South Park. From Moscow, to Silicon Valley, and now Zug, Switzerland.
Chatroulette (www.chatroulette.com) successfully pairs random users for webcam-based conversations since 2009. At times supporting up to 30 million monthly users, Chatroulette is not only the first but also the largest online chat website worldwide.
We're re-launching Chatroulette for 2020 as a world-class consumer entertainment product and brand. Using cutting-edge technologies, machine learning algorithms, and filtering systems, we're eliminating the "anti-social" content that has plagued our past to build a fun, safe, and inclusive community.
What is in it for you
- Scope to have real impact on an exciting product that is used by millions each month (and growing!).
- A company that considers you: a personal development budget (ever wanted to learn how to skydive?), contribution to health insurance, travel costs, plus help with the little things like filing tax returns.
- Our regular team building events are great fun, but we're also big on the occasional exotic offsite (if you haven't been to Mexico, you really should go).
- Work in our award-winning-architect-designed office (with a parking spot if you need it), and plenty of collaboration spaces.