We do not simply hire employees; we invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you by offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you have been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
In this role you will:
- Learn on all aspects of interest rate hedging mechanics including basic products, hedge structuring, legal and documentation considerations, market dynamics, and Chatham auction management
- Immerse in deal structuring and transaction execution to provide a very solid foundation in our operations
- Execute interest rate derivatives, such as swaps and caps, on behalf of clients to hedge client exposure to interest rate risk
- Build trade structures in Microsoft Excel as requested by clients
- Coordinate trade documentation with clients and dealer banks from pre-trade discussions through trade execution and completion.
- Communicate key issues relating to trades to internal stakeholders and clients
- Structure and model derivative transactions
- Assist with client and market research as well as preparation of client deliverables
Our goal is to develop people so that they can achieve greater responsibilities and have impact on those around them, clients, and teammates. This is an important role within the FI team and individuals that perform excellently will be highly valued team members. Career development opportunities involve managing complex processes and relationships with counterparty banks.
Contributors to your success:
- Minimum 0 years experience, with applicable internship experience. While internship experience does not have to be in a finance-related field, directly applicable experience is desirable
- Experience with derivatives is a plus.
- A degree in finance is not required, but quantitative aptitude and the ability to think critically are important.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Strong understanding of interest rate markets
- Attention to detail and consistent accuracy
- Ability to create, maintain, and improve highly effective processes
Chatham Financial analysts attend the New Hire Academy which focuses on improving their speed to proficiency by developing the knowledge, skills, and relationships needed to be successful. It is a combination of online learning resources, virtual debriefs, and in-person workshops with the cohort. Content areas covered include: fixed income math, derivatives basics, options theory, client communications, and effective consulting skills.
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,500 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $1 trillion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.
Candidates must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate academic program with a graduation date between December 2023 - June 2024.