We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Chatham’s Global Real Estate (GRE) sector is the market leader in financial risk management and capital optimization strategies for institutional real estate owners and developers. Our independent advisory approach is supported by technology tools to help investors understand financial trade-offs and execute strategies at the individual asset and portfolio level.
The Global Real Estate (“GRE”) team is seeking an additional hedge consultant – deal manager to join the Kennett Square private real estate advisory team. The role is dynamic and fast-paced. Team members will gain a thorough understanding of derivative products and markets. Learning takes place alongside experienced consultants in an apprenticeship-style format.
In this role you will:
- Become familiar with pricing models and generate indications for clients and prospects
- Prepare client analysis
- Read, interpret, and analyze loan documents
- Prepare and review transaction documents for legal and regulatory compliance
- Educate and advise clients and industry stakeholders
- Assist with client and market research, as well as prepare client deliverables
- Collaborate across GRE to identify hedging and non-hedging solutions
- Execute trades on behalf of clients
- Build rapport and develop relationships with clients to identify new opportunities
Initially, you will be trained (or further trained) in interest rate and foreign currency hedging mechanics and pricing, followed by client advisory, deal structuring, negotiation of terms, and execution of hedges. As you grow in experience, you will bring value as a relationship manager, participating in all aspects of hedging strategy and transaction execution for a client while growing your expertise in capital markets. You will partner with colleagues in other service areas to identify additional client needs and provide comprehensive solutions. Our most experienced team members take on responsibility for a client sector or service and are involved in business development.
This is an important role within the team, and individuals who perform well will be highly valued team members. Career development opportunities involve managing cross-team processes, fostering relationships with counterparty banks, and becoming a resident expert in trade operations.
Contributors to your success:
- Inquisitive mindset, self-starter, team player
- A bachelor’s degree and approximately 3-7 years of relevant industry experience in finance, valuation, consulting, or accounting
- MBA or Master's degree in finance or related credentials (CFA, CPA, MAI) a plus, but not required
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate raw data into practical information
- Proven drive, intellectual curiosity, and desire to grow personally and professionally
- Proven orientation towards collective team performance
- Strong presentation and communication skills (verbal and written); experience articulating solutions to a financial problem a plus
- Knowledge or experience with real estate and debt valuation techniques and methodologies a plus, but not required
- Experience with various financing structures such as CMBS, credit facilities, and mortgages, etc. a plus, but not required
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,000 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $750 billion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.