We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Chatham Financials' Global Real Estate (“GRE”) sector solves real estate investors' capital markets problems and brings efficiency and innovation to the changing global landscape through unique offerings including interest rate hedging, capital advisory, defeasance and prepayment, debt management, accounting services and valuation. As part of Chatham's GRE sector, the Valuation Practice’s mission is to facilitate transparency and confidence in the valuation of institutional real estate investments. The team works with many of the largest real estate investment managers in the world by providing independence, expertise, and clarity to fair value measurements. The team encounters a wide variety of debt and real estate valuation problems, including mortgage-backed securities, property and fund level analyses, debt valuation for fair market reporting, and critical thinking on emerging valuation issues.
In this role you will:
- Reporting to a Business Lead, own the processes for development, continuous improvement, and maintenance of an analytical model at the heart of a fast-growing business segment
- Partner with business stakeholders and technology teams to enhance, grow, and maintain the primary valuation model and related tools and deliverables
- Propose and develop ideas for quick, light-weight iterations and prototypes, to serve as proof of concepts either front-running or in real-time collaboration with engineering teams following a software development lifecycle
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes and controls related to completeness and accuracy of the production, review, and delivery of valuation products
- Maintain database of valuation conclusions and perform various data analyses including maintenance of BI dashboards, recurring reports, and ad hoc analysis
- Assist in production of valuation research products including data analysis, product development, and project management
- Produce and deliver meaningful and accurate valuation products for core and complex valuation assignments
- Communicate market sourced valuation results and drivers clearly. Work with clients to answer questions or requests.
- Collaborate with team members to understand client and industry best practices and ensure that our models and reports resonate with the market
- Meaningfully contribute to the continuous development of exceptional processes, market expertise, and valuation products
In this role, you will contribute to Chatham’s purpose of Impacting Clients. As an organization dedicated to exceptional client service, we strive to exceed client expectations with our responsiveness, availability, and expertise.
Contributors to your success:
- Strong academic background, ideally in mathematics, computer science, engineering, economics or related quantitative discipline
- 5+ years of Business Analyst, Desk Strategist, Product Owner or Project Manager experience
- Programming literate in one or more of SQL, R, Python and VBA
- Experience in Business Analysis techniques, such as information gathering methods, requirements documentation, process modeling and mapping
- Able to work independently as well as cross-functionally with larger teams of analysts, quants, software engineers and product teams
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate raw data into practical information
- Experience building automated algorithms
- Ability to explain technical concepts and issues to a non-technical audience, both internal stakeholders and clients
- Experience in commercial real estate, fixed income, capital markets or financial markets a plus
- Proven drive, intellectual curiosity, and desire to learn a new business
- Proven orientation towards collective team performance
Please note that our company has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy for employees to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, employees who are client facing or have frequent travel are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. This is a client-facing, and/or role requiring travel and requires vaccination.