We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
As part of Chatham's GRE sector, the Valuation Practice’s mission is to facilitate transparency and confidence in the valuation of institutional real estate investments. The team works with many of the largest real estate investment managers in the world by providing independence, expertise and clarity to fair value measurements. The team encounters a wide variety of debt and real estate valuation problems, including mortgage-backed securities, property and fund level analyses, debt valuation for fair market reporting, and critical thinking on emerging valuation issues.
In this role you will:
Within Chatham’s Valuation practice, team members are responsible for collaborating together in understanding our current clients and exceeding their expectations in valuation assignments, understanding the drivers of valuation services, continuous development of exceptional processes, market expertise and products and in building both internal and external support for the practice.
- Understand loan economics and build amortization schedules
- Maintain accurate valuation models
- Produce and deliver meaningful and accurate valuation products
- Communicate valuation results clearly and supported by market research. Answer client questions as they arise
- Develop market-sourced valuation inputs and understand the drivers of valuation conclusions
- Assist in building both internal and external support for the valuation practice
- Meaningfully contribute to the continuous development of exceptional processes, market expertise and valuation products
Due to the variety of projects our team encounters, it’s important that the composition of the team includes a variety of skill sets and experience levels, with key skills noted below:
- Communication skills: the ability to communicate complex subject matter in a way that educates and prioritizes findings, flexing delivery style to accommodate different audiences, engaging with clients on new project proposals and ongoing delivery, effective communication through various formats (written, verbal, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Project management skills: the ability to prioritize competing demands and align resources with project deliverables, communicating internal and external expectations throughout a project.
- Collaborative mindset: the ability to share information internally to grow the capabilities of the team and to seek out knowledge from others when needed, partnering with external clients throughout a project, delivering on internal requirements to support other teams as needed
- Client relationship management: Strong desire to learn about our clients and how we serve each of them. Ability to multi-task and balance the needs of multiple clients daily. Planning, coordinating and leading client meetings. Developing relationships with our clients’ key contacts and executives to strengthen and reinforce Chatham’s value proposition.
- Quantitative skills: the ability to work with data and understand trends in market behavior, attention to detail in both inputs and outputs.
- Understanding financial markets: a firm grasp of economic fundamentals and macro impacts on financial markets, the ability to articulate key market dynamics, the ability to apply broad economic concepts to specific client fact patterns
- A combination of these skills will be utilized by every team member, but we expect individuals to draw out strengths that complement the team. Our goal is to develop people so that they can achieve greater responsibilities, and have increasing impact on clients, teammates, and driving business growth and efficiencies.
Contributors to your success:
As an organization dedicated to exceptional client service, we strive to exceed client expectations with our responsiveness, availability, and expertise. To achieve these means, team members require excellent prioritization, time management, and communication skills, both written and verbal. We seek individuals who will thrive in our culture and make a significant impact over the long term and have consistently demonstrated drive, determination, and substantial academic/professional accomplishments. A high level of intellectual curiosity, as well as the ability to build lasting relationships and improve processes, is required. Working with investment managers and complex capital structures requires strong quantitative skills as well. As a result, we seek individuals who are natural leaders, who have a desire and ability to learn quickly, and who fit our culture. Candidates are evaluated in the following parameters.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional work experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong problem solving and quantitative skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate raw data into practical information
- Excellent communication ability
- Strong presentation and communication skills; experience writing valuation reports or related documents that articulate solutions to a financial problem a plus
- Proven drive, intellectual curiosity, and desire to grow personally and professionally
- Proven orientation towards collective team performance
- Previous Chatham experience interacting with clients is strongly preferred
- Experience with real estate debt or capital markets is helpful, though direct experience with real estate, debt, or valuation is not required
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial delivers financial risk management advisory and technology solutions to organizations across industries and around the world by helping companies maximize value in the capital markets. At Chatham, we help businesses improve their bottom lines. But that’s not the only place we’re committed to making an impact. We look beyond our clients, too — enhancing the markets where we work, supporting the clients we partner with, helping our employees thrive, and giving back to the world at large. And when you join Chatham, you’re an integral part of this equation, enabling us to live this purpose-driven philosophy every day.
Please note that our company has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy for employees to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, employees who are client facing or have frequent travel are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. This is a client-facing, and/or role requiring travel and requires vaccination.