We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
We seek to enhance the regulatory team supporting our Real Estate, Private Equity and Infrastructure businesses with a role specializing in regulatory advisory, regulatory compliance operations, and derivatives contract negotiation for our clients. This role will also include shared responsibilities for monitoring, researching, analyzing, and interpreting global derivatives legislation and regulations that impact Chatham and our clients. The purpose of this role is to develop deep expertise regarding global derivatives regulation and to advise our internal advisory teams and external clients on this regulation. The person filling this role also would be expected to participate in industry working groups tasked with analyzing global derivatives regulation and developing documentation solutions designed to allow market participants to comply with these regulations.
In this role you will:
- Understand and proactively track global regulatory developments that impact Chatham and our clients;
- Advise external clients on the practical implications of derivatives regulation, in collaboration with client counsel;
- Independently research and interpret global derivatives regulation;
- Effectively share knowledge relating to derivatives regulation with internal teams and clients through training sessions, phone calls, and conference panel presentations;
- Educate colleagues across all of Chatham’s offices on regulatory developments;
- Partner with Chatham’s marketing team to develop and maintain internal and external communication and content that effectively shares this subject matter expertise;
- Serve as a regulatory subject matter expert when media opportunities arise; and
- Participate in industry working groups to provide end-user perspectives on evolving legal and regulatory issues.
- The role may also include opportunities to contribute to the team in other capacities as interests and team needs align.
This is an important role within the team, and individuals who perform well will be highly valued team members across our Real Estate, Infrastructure and Private Equity advisory practices. Career development opportunities involve managing cross-team processes, fostering relationships with counterparty banks, and becoming a resident expert in regulatory trade operations.
Contributors to your success:
- 3-7 years of experience in a legal field is required
- Experience working with derivatives regulation, International Swaps and Derivatives Association, or contract review, or in in private equity, commercial real estate, or infrastructure transactions, may be beneficial, but is not required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong linguistic abilities
- Ability to read and understand information quickly
- Attention to detail but also an ability to synthesize information with a high-level perspective
- Critical thinking
- Organizational skills
- Systems and process orientation
- Ability to appropriately assess and convey the importance of regulatory issues to colleagues and clients
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,000 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $750 billion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day. To learn more, visit chathamfinancial.com.
Please note that our company has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy for employees to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, employees who are client facing or have frequent travel are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. This is a client-facing, and/or role requiring travel and requires vaccination.