About this Position
We are seeking a dedicated and high energy individual to be our Assistant Planner, Transportation Demand Management (TDM). In this role, you will get creative with TDM strategies and data visualization while working with a team on executing these strategies. Additionally, you will lead our consultants executing data collection, and follow up with various city and regional transit agencies to support TDM programs, projects and initiatives for Chase Center. This position reports directly to the Director, Transportation Demand Management.
If you love promoting and advocating for sustainable transportation, sports and music, enjoy talking with people, and are highly motivated, this role is your chance to improve your craft. This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and dedication.
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco, CA.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and supporting TDM programs that increase the use of sustainable transportation and increase the use of people visiting Chase Center in using transit, biking, and walking as preferred travel modes
- Assist in administering surveys or control studies to evaluate proposed and current TDM program components
- Assist in the development of data visualization to better communicate objectives, policy decisions, plans and programs that minimize traffic flow and parking demand in and around Chase Center to employees, patrons, and the community
- Monitor, record, and collect data before, during and after events (both games and concerts) at Chase Center (i.e. starting late afternoon and working until 1 hour after end of event, sometimes past midnight)
- Assist in gathering, compiling, and analyzing data to identify a variety of commuting and long-term planning options
- Assist in collaborating with various local and regional transit agencies to obtain data and track them on a regular basis for a trend analysis based on the performance metrics listed in our Transportation Management Plan (TMP)
- Work with employees, departments, patrons, consultants, external partners, and the community to ensure TDM goals are aligned with transportation needs; collaborate with community agencies and groups on sustainable transportation options
- Interact frequently with other departments, private contractors, and SFMTA
- Track all surrounding construction/street closure information that impacts transportation operations
- Other projects as assigned
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in transportation, urban planning, or a related field
- Minimum one year of experience working in urban, transportation, or land use planning preferred and/or previous internship or Master’s degree
- Experience with statistical analysis tools, manipulating large data sets and spreadsheets; knowledge of programming and scripts to improve data management and analysis processes
- Knowledge of commute trip reduction programs, ridesharing systems, regional initiatives, and funding opportunities
- Knowledge and understanding of transportation issues and San Francisco and Bay Area transportation networks
- Excellent written and verbal communications, including public speaking and presenting data, reports, and other information to a variety of internal and external partners
- Available to work a dynamic schedule (i.e. overnights, evenings, weekends and holidays) as required
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment