Job Description: Low Voltage Technician
Charter Technology Solutions is actively seeking a Low Voltage Technician to join our infrastructure team. We are a niche Managed Services Provider in the K-12 education sector. We are the preeminent IT services provider to the fast-growing Charter School movement in New York City and beyond. We are located in Brooklyn, NY. Learn more about us at www.charterts.com
WHO YOU ARE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (College Degree Preferred)
- At least two years experience in the low voltage infrastructure field.
- OSHA 30 (SST Card Preferred)
- Driver’s License and reliable method of transportation to get to the job sites.
- Must be able to work different shifts (Day, Swing, Graveyard) depending on the project.
- Must be able to occasionally work overtime and weekends.
- Must have tools of the trade.
- Must be able to work safely following company policy/procedures on safety.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds as necessary.
- Ability to climb ladders, stand for extended periods, and overall be able to complete the physical work that is required of this type of work.
- Comfortable with, and capable of, working in open construction environments.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Category rated copper solution installation (Cat 6, Cat 6A, Shielded) and terminations.
- Installation of cable support pathways and raceways.
- Pulling cable, fire stopping, dressing cables and labeling to industry standards.
- Terminating, assembling, and installing 8-pin modular connectors, and coaxial connectors.
- Accurately testing copper to required certifications utilizing appropriate test equipment.
- Diagnosing and correcting copper problems.
- Installation of patch cords and ability to follow patching schedules.
- Installation of access points, digital displays, and projectors
- Reading blueprints to determine closet and equipment layouts, must demonstrate written and verbal skills.
- Install closet hardware including backboards, connecting blocks, racks, and patch panels.
- Attending training and safety meetings, and always working safely utilizing the necessary Personal Protection Equipment.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Annual compensation for this position will fall in the range of $58,000 - $67,500, subject to the candidate’s qualifications and experience. The company offers fully paid medical, dental and vision plans to all employees. Professional development reimbursement for relevant training/learning opportunities will be provided.
HOURS AND LOCATION
Typical work schedule is Monday thru Friday 9am-6pm. Some night and/or weekend work may at times be required.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of Charter Technology Solutions (CTS) is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. CTS hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.