CIF is a new nonprofit social impact fund that’s on a nationwide mission to help high-performing charter schools spend more money on students and less on the costs of borrowing for their facilities. We offer school leaders simple and much-needed access to low-cost, long-term loans, combined with support from an expert team that has walked in their shoes.
With significant long-term funding and an innovative strategy, CIF is giving more of America’s students access to the outstanding education they deserve. We partner with the charter schools making the biggest difference for kids, providing them with funding and assistance to amplify their impact.
If you’re seeking to have community-level impact on a national scale, apply to join our team!
From coordinating schedules to providing the morning essentials that get us started and up-keeping the office space that inspires our productivity, the Executive Assistant wears multiple hats and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting a diverse team. Your expertise lies in your positivity, approachability, and your ability to execute in a rapidly changing startup environment. The Executive Assistant will play a critical role in the daily operations of the office and will provide administrative support to the CEO and other members of the senior leadership team.
This position is 30-35 hrs per week and is based in our Midtown office in Manhattan.
- Provide day-to-day general office management and administrative support to the CEO and other members of the Leadership Team both in professional and select personal matters.
- Manage the CEO’s calendar of activities.
- Research, book, and coordinate travel for CEO and other team executives – create itineraries, maintain and update all calendars.
- Develop and coordinate the team master calendar.
- Proactively work with administrative staff at CIF partner organizations to ensure clear communication and coordination.
- Manage executive team expense reporting using Expensify.
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory.
- Be point person for office upkeep, technology, mailing, shipping, and occasional errands.
- Sort, screen, review, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, events, and/or other activities for the team.
- Assists with function arrangements such as ordering refreshments, setting up audiovisual equipment, scheduling conference rooms, etc.
- Assists in the preparation of presentation materials, including, but not limited to graphics, slides, etc.
- Additional ad-hoc tasks and occasional special projects as required by team.
- 2-3 years of experience assisting C-Level executives, including proven experience as an executive assistant, administrative assistant and/or office manager.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and master software applications like Expensify, Google Suite.
- Experience at a startup or a financial institution preferred but not necessary.
- Excellent organizational, & communication skills; must be able to interact effectively with all levels of organization, our charter school partners and funders.
- Comfort and experience with the Google suite of applications (Mail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, etc.) and Microsoft Office (ability to mail merge, use Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Familiar with common office equipment (printers, copier, fax, etc.)
- Previous experience in hospitality is a plus!
Additional Relevant Skills & Experience:
- Curious and excited by charter schools and startup ecosystem.
- Proactive, resourceful, and collaborative team player.
- Strong initiative, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with New York City (places to dine, hotels to stay at, etc...).
- Adept at prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understands value.
- A highly organized and solutions-driven go-getter with ability to see the big picture and pay attention to detail, handle multiple priorities, manage time effectively, and maintain composure in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to be flexible and available as needed throughout the workday.
- Self-starting, critical thinker who can switch priorities at a moment’s notice
- Dependable, punctual, and responsible
- Experience in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop a plus but not required.
Competitive hourly rate (commensurate with experience). Potential for a full-time role (including benefits) depending on qualifications.
This role is based in New York City.