Who we are:
Chartboost is the leading in-app monetization and programmatic advertising platform. We reach a global audience of over 700 million monthly active users and process over 90 billion monthly advertising auctions. The Chartboost SDK is one the most widely integrated mobile ad SDKs and through the Chartboost Exchange, Ad Network, DSP and other services, we empower mobile app developers to build businesses, while connecting advertisers to highly engaged audiences.
Chartboost is looking for an experienced and motivated Site Reliability Engineer to help us design, build, and maintain high-performance, scalable, fault-tolerant services for our platform. You will work closely with our other engineering teams to help make their services observable, scalable and production-ready. Participate in resolving emergent service problems and build tools and automation to prevent re-occurrence. You will also play a critical part in providing the practices and expertise to help teams better own and build their products.
Impact you will make:
- Work with engineering teams to ensure products are production-ready and have proper monitoring, documentation, and runbooks.
- Work with product owners and stakeholders to define SLOs/SLIs for our engineering products
- Develop and promote best practices in production readiness and operations
- Create processes and tools for change management and incident management
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Participate in on-call rotations, along with other engineering teams
Who you are:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or related field
- You’ve worked on systems at scale and have experience with service-oriented architecture.
- You understand observability and why we need it and have good intuitions about what to measure and how
- You have effective communication skills and a strong sense of ownership
- You can debug complex problems across the stack
- You are willing to “carry the pager” but strive to build a system reliable enough that you don’t get paged
The following experience would be a plus:
- Operated production services on GCP and AWS
- Datadog, Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana
- NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Aerospike or Bigtable
- CI/CD tools such as Spinnaker, Jenkins, Travis CI
- The opportunity to help continue to build a company with the founding team
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) - you will have a stake in the future success of Chartboost and Zynga
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with match through Fidelity
- Catered lunches and fully stocked kitchens
- Commuter Program
- Flex Vacation – personal time to refresh your mind/body/soul, spend time with loved ones and celebrate life events. There is no accrual or specific limit to the amount of time an employee may use
More about us:
We are proud of the product we've built and appreciate the impact it has on other people's businesses and lives. We want to be surrounded by people who are always finding opportunities to try something new and grow. We love data and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions and always design with the user in mind. Sounds like a fit? Join us, and be part of the team that will change the future of mobile gaming!
We are an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and make our hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
California Residents, please review the Chartboost California Employment Candidate Privacy Notice before submitting any personal information.