Who we are:
Chartboost is the leading in-app monetization and programmatic advertising platform. We reach a global audience of over 700 million monthly active users and process over 90 billion monthly advertising auctions. The Chartboost SDK is one the most widely integrated mobile ad SDKs and through the Chartboost Exchange, Ad Network, DSP and other services, we empower mobile app developers to build businesses, while connecting advertisers to highly engaged audiences.
Chartboost is hiring a Unity Engineer to help build and maintain the plugins for our SDK products. We have a traditional network SDK as well as the Helium SDK, a mobile advertising SDK that combines traditional waterfall impression placement and programmatic real-time bidding.
The Chartboost and Helium SDKs both have an exciting roadmap ahead and this role will help shape that roadmap and ensure its timely implementation.
Impact you will make:
- Develop new features and improvements in our Helium Unity Plugin, which provides a bridge between native mobile environments and the Unity game engine.
- Develop and maintain internal apps that are used for debugging and testing purposes.
- Apply and promote Unity development best practices in order to keep a high-quality development process for our plugin.
- Enhance your understanding of Unity native plugin features and the Unity build process.
- Work closely with Android and iOS engineers to ensure native Helium feature support on Unity.
- Work closely with QA team members in order to establish procedures that will keep our SDK stable.
- Carefully balance performance, memory, and network usage, respecting users, app developers, and our network.
- Keeping up to date with Unity technologies.
- Timely communication with Product and Business to ensure priorities are always aligned with company goals.
Who you are:
- 4+ years of professional Unity software development experience.
- A 1+ years of experience building native plugins for Unity that support iOS and Android.
- Have shipped mobile Unity apps with Ad Support via native sdks.
- Experience with Google’s External Dependency Manager for Unity EDM4U.
- Skilled at supporting multiple versions of Unity with a single codebase.
The following experience would be a plus:
- Android development
- iOS development
- Ad Tech
- Debugging proxies (Charles Proxy, preferred)
- Gradle build process and the Android Gradle plugin
- The opportunity to help continue to build a company with the founding team
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) - you will have a stake in the future success of Chartboost and Zynga
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with match through Fidelity
- Catered lunches and fully stocked kitchens
- Commuter Program
- Flex Vacation – personal time to refresh your mind/body/soul, spend time with loved ones and celebrate life events. There is no accrual or specific limit to the amount of time an employee may use
More about us:
We are proud of the product we've built and appreciate the impact it has on other people's businesses and lives. We want to be surrounded by people who are always finding opportunities to try something new and grow. We love data and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions and always design with the user in mind. Sounds like a fit? Join us, and be part of the team that will change the future of mobile gaming!
We are an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and make our hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
California Residents, please review the Chartboost California Employment Candidate Privacy Notice before submitting any personal information.