Who we are:
Chartboost is the leading in-app monetization and programmatic advertising platform. We reach a global audience of over 700 million monthly active users and process over 90 billion monthly advertising auctions. The Chartboost SDK is one the most widely integrated mobile ad SDKs and through the Chartboost Exchange, Ad Network, DSP and other services, we empower mobile app developers to build businesses, while connecting advertisers to highly engaged audiences.
We are currently looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Platform Team based in Barcelona.
Impact you will make:
- Lead, manage and coach a team of engineers in order to deliver high quality software meeting timelines. Balance productivity in the short term with maintainability and robustness in the long term.
- Technical ownership of the Platform team. Support high-level tech decisions, including software architecture, facilitate technical discussions, grow the technical expertise of your team and promote innovation
- Advocate and improve our agile processes with an MVP mindset, breaking down features into smaller pieces prioritizing fundamental parts and using continuous feedback for improvement
- Partner up with product to understand new requirements and the motivation for them, help on estimations and roadmaps and provide transparency on progress
- Build team culture promoting respect, trust and transparency to ensure collaboration and to enable conflict surfacing and solving. Empower team members to make decisions and make them feel accountable for results.
- Facilitate cross team collaboration, identifying dependencies, eliminating blockers and solving conflicts
- Make your team members shine! Motivate, set goals, help them develop career, address gaps (including non-technical skills). Then analyze results, coach and deliver regular feedback. Ensure work-life balance
- Attract and keep talent
Who you are:
- >3 years of experience leading a software development team (direct reports)
- Abstract thinking and analytical skills
- Previous experience as a software engineer and still willing to dive into code
- Strong foundations on software engineering, architecture and good coding practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You say “no” when you disagree
- You give good arguments to support your ideas. At the same time you are open minded and accept other points of view. You are able to reach consensus.
- Familiar with Agile principles
Bonus to have:
- Experience with Python and Flask
- Experience with TypeScript and React
- Knowledge of the AdTech industry
- Competitive salary + Bonus
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) - you will have a stake in the future success of Chartboost and Zynga
- Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP): buy Zynga shares at a discounted rate
- Flexible schedule based on core hours and the possibility of working from home dependent on team
- Private health insurance
- Annual budget for your professional development
- Company-sponsored lunch
- Healthy snacks, coffee, and drinks in our cool office in the center of Barcelona - near subway and train stations
- English/Spanish lessons
- Gym membership
- Transportation reimbursement
- Team building events
More about us:
We are proud of the product we've built and appreciate the impact it has on other people's businesses and lives. We want to be surrounded by people who are always finding opportunities to try something new and grow. We love data and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions and always design with the user in mind. Sounds like a fit? Join us, and be part of the team that will change the future of mobile gaming!
We are an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and make our hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.