Who we are:
Chartboost is the leading in-app monetization and programmatic advertising platform. We reach a global audience of over 700 million monthly active users and process over 90 billion monthly advertising auctions. The Chartboost SDK is one the most widely integrated mobile ad SDKs and through the Chartboost Exchange, Ad Network, DSP and other services, we empower mobile app developers to build businesses, while connecting advertisers to highly engaged audiences.
Do you want to work as part of a Data & Machine Learning team dealing with 5 billion+ events a day and terabytes of mobile game data? Are you interested in working with massive data sets and building large scale data science pipelines? If you're interested in sharpening your skills on the newest big data tools utilizing BigQuery, Bigtable, Dataflow, Airflow, Spark, Kafka, Scala and Python and love to think about problems like user modeling and scalable training systems, then Chartboost is the place for you. You will have the opportunity to be part of a small team that drives significant impact across every corner of the company.
We are seeking ML data pipeline engineers to join our team. This position will be focusing on helping to build and maintain a data platform that supports training bidding models that control real money spend. In this role, you are expected to be comfortable working as a Data Engineer and dealing with huge amounts of data (hundreds of TBs).
Our technology stack includes Spark, BigQuery, Bigtable, Dataflow, Hive, Kafka, Cloudera, Redshift, Airflow, HDFS, Scala, Python, MySQL, MongoDB, GCP, AWS, Git, and Spinnaker. You have the opportunity to evaluate new technologies and use them to design better and more reliable systems.
Impact you will make:
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to build large scale predictive models
- Develop reliable data pipelines that convert data into powerful signals and features
- Architect real time and batch data processing pipelines to consume from multiple systems
- Develop tools to monitor, debug, and analyze data pipelines
- Architect and implement data schemas and models that can scale for hundreds of millions of users
- Collaborate closely with the product team to build new features and infrastructure
Who you are:
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 4+ years of experience in Data Warehousing, and SQL
- 4+ years of experience in programming in any of Python / Java / Scala
- Experience working in cloud environments, ideally with GCP or AWS
- Strong experience in improving performance of queries, data jobs, and scaling the system for exponential growth
- Expert debugging skills and emphasis on automated tests to build high quality systems
- Experience with data pipelines processing larger than 10TB of data
- Experience working with Spark
- The opportunity to help continue to build a company with the founding team
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) - you will have a stake in the future success of Chartboost and Zynga
- The chance to participate in Zynga’s employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with match through Fidelity
- Catered lunches and fully stocked kitchens
- Commuter Program
- Flex Vacation – personal time to refresh your mind/body/soul, spend time with loved ones and celebrate life events. There is no accrual or specific limit to the amount of time an employee may use
More about us:
We are proud of the product we've built and appreciate the impact it has on other people's businesses and lives. We want to be surrounded by people who are always finding opportunities to try something new and grow. We love data and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions and always design with the user in mind. Sounds like a fit? Join us, and be part of the team that will change the future of mobile gaming!
We are an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and make our hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
California Residents, please review the Chartboost California Employment Candidate Privacy Notice before submitting any personal information.