Who we are:
Chartboost is the leading in-app monetization and programmatic advertising platform. We reach a global audience of over 700 million monthly active users and process over 90 billion monthly advertising auctions. The Chartboost SDK is one the most widely integrated mobile ad SDKs and through the Chartboost Exchange, Ad Network, DSP and other services, we empower mobile app developers to build businesses, while connecting advertisers to highly engaged audiences.
We’re looking for an exceptional Lead Data Scientist to join a new team focused on the development of our real-time bidder, one of the most exciting and important products within Chartboost. The system powering this product must deal with 100,000’s of requests per second and presents unique engineering challenges. In addition, the bidder requires use of machine learning models that are trained in batch and then used to power decision making in real-time.
Impact you will make:
- Own responsibility to solve real data science business problems at scale.
- Lead a group of Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers to successfully deploy elegant solutions
- Be aggressive at finding new opportunities to deliver customer value
- Mentor our less experienced data scientists
- Take projects end to end from concept to production and beyond
- Design and test predictive models at large scale that control real money
- Collaborate closely with Product, Data, and Engineering teams to build new features and infrastructure
- Define, advocate, and maintain high standards for data quality
- Develop best practices for data processing, experimentation, monitoring, debugging, and analyzing data pipelines
Who you are:
- BS degree in Statistics, Math, Machine Learning or Computer Science
- 3 to 5 years of practical experience in a Data Science or Machine Learning role
- Diverse exposure to many different Machine Learning and modeling techniques such as NLP or deep networks as well as traditional modeling techniques
- Proven experience leading Data Science or Machine Learning projects from conception to completion
- You are passionate about team dynamics and improving team efficiency
- Ability to make progress independently: you know enough SQL to pull your own data and have mastered a programming language enough to assist you in analysis
- You have a sound understanding of Data Science and Machine Learning principles
- Strong experience in improving performance of queries and data jobs and scaling the system for exponential growth in data
Bonus to have:
- Knowledge of distributed tools and frameworks, like Spark/Hadoop for quick train/deploy cycles
- Experience in the ad tech and/or mobile space
- The opportunity to help continue to build a company with the founding team
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) - you will have a stake in the future success of Chartboost and Zynga
- The chance to participate in Zynga’s employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with match through Fidelity
- Catered lunches and fully stocked kitchens
- Commuter Program
- Flex Vacation – personal time to refresh your mind/body/soul, spend time with loved ones and celebrate life events. There is no accrual or specific limit to the amount of time an employee may use
More about us:
We are proud of the product we've built and appreciate the impact it has on other people's businesses and lives. We want to be surrounded by people who are always finding opportunities to try something new and grow. We love data and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions and always design with the user in mind. Sounds like a fit? Join us, and be part of the team that will change the future of mobile gaming!
We are an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and make our hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
California Residents, please review the Chartboost California Employment Candidate Privacy Notice before submitting any personal information.