Who we are:
Chartboost is the leading in-app monetization and programmatic advertising platform. We reach an audience of over 900M unique users every month across more than 300,000 mobile games and work with 90% of the top grossing iOS and Android game developers, globally. The Chartboost SDK is the highest-integrated independent mobile ad SDK and through Chartboost Exchange, Ad Network, and other services, we empower developers to build businesses, while connecting advertisers to highly engaged audiences.
About the role:
The Analytics team supports the Business, Product & Engineering teams across Chartboost by providing data and insights for growing existing products, developing new products, improving the efficiency of existing processes, detecting fraud, driving business growth, and forecasting product revenue.
Chartboost is looking for a Data Analyst to help us continue with the tremendous success of a growing portfolio of tools for mobile games developers. The position will be responsible for owning and leading analyses that helps Chartboost achieve growth goals, focusing on revenue generation, and campaign delivery. As part of the Analytics team, this role involves obtaining data, analyzing data, and surfacing insights necessary to respond to requests from stakeholders. The role also requires strong business acumen and proactively generating recommendations that benefit the business. The ideal candidate is passionate about using data to drive decision-making, and ideally has a high-level of experience in and understanding of the mobile gaming industry and the digital advertising industry.
What you’ll do:
- Own end-to-end analytics projects including developing KPIs for key products, using data to discover trends and explain behaviors
- Develop and build critical dashboards and reports, including both ad-hoc and predefined reporting
- Identify opportunities to improve business processes using data and create reporting that meets business needs, including impactful and complex data visualizations solutions utilizing Tableau
- Use Tableau regularly to create data sources and visualizations
- Work closely with Operations, Product & Engineering as well as Executive Leadership to provide key management insights about our products, generate monthly KPIs and ad-hoc analyses
- Oversee KPIs and dashboard management, connecting internal data to wider trends across the mobile and gaming markets
- Coordinate and communicate between business users and the product & engineering organization, balancing requirements and resources to solve business problems
- Help define project roadmap for marketing insights and work closely with Marketing to feed insights and data into public-facing assets, again, drawing upon industry trends
- Troubleshoot data and infrastructure challenges when needed, aid in developing best-in-class data management practices
- Maintain high comfort level in startup environment where strong vision is maintained amid fast-changing product, data and architecture
- Have ability to work on multiple simultaneous assignments and high comfort level with assignment prioritization changes, as well as strong customer service orientation
Who you are:
- You have a BA or BS in economics, computer science, physics or other related field
- 3+ years of professional experience in analytics, BI, or data warehousing experience with proven business analysis experience
- Excellent quantitative skills, significant experience with research design, and data analysis in either academic coursework or work experience
- Experience automating data flows using crontab, or workflow management platform such as Airflow
- High degree of comfort using SQL. Experience handling big data in environments such as Hadoop. Strong query performance tuning skills
- You have experience using Python
- Excellent presentation, writing, and Excel skills are a must
- You are passionate about data, analytics, and automation!
What we offer:
- The opportunity to help build a company with the founding team
- Stock Options - you will have a stake in the future success of Chartboost
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance options
- Catered lunches and fully stocked kitchens
- Commuter Program and 401k savings plan
- Flex Vacation – personal time to refresh your mind/body/soul, spend time with loved ones and celebrate life events. There is no accrual or specific limit to the amount of time an employee may use
More about us:
We are proud of the product we have built and appreciate the impact it has on other people's businesses and lives. We want to be surrounded by people who are always finding opportunities to try something new and grow. We love data and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions and always design with the user in mind. Sounds like a fit? Join us, and be part of the team that will change the future of mobile gaming!
We are an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and make our hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.