Who we are:
Chartboost is the leading in-app monetization and programmatic advertising platform. We reach an audience of over 900M unique users every month across more than 300,000 mobile games and work with 90% of the top grossing iOS and Android game developers, globally. The Chartboost SDK is the highest-integrated independent mobile ad SDK and through Chartboost Exchange, Ad Network, and other services, we empower developers to build businesses, while connecting advertisers to highly engaged audiences.
We are currently looking for an iOS Engineer to join our SDK Team based in our Barcelona office.
What you’ll do:
As a SDK Team member, you will be responsible for maintaining and developing new features on:
- Our iOS SDK, the entry point to our ad network for 300,000+ mobile games
- Our SDK integrations with external software like mediation and header bidding partners
- Our internal apps for debugging and testing purposes
This will be done by:
- Applying coding best practices (unit tests, pair programming, code reviews, coding standards, …) in order to keep a high quality development process in our SDK
- Receiving timely feedback from Product and Business that will let you know about the impact of your work and why it is essential
How we work:
We apply Agile methodologies in our daily basis and we do it without dogmas grabbing influences from Scrum and Kanban. Currently, we do weekly sprints and we follow a release train process for our new SDK releases that involve 3-4 weeks of development and 2 weeks of QA.
Who you are:
Passionate. You take your work seriously, whether it’s getting deep into finding the origin of a bug or architecting new ways of doing test automation. You can balance hitting deadlines with shipping quality products and care about things like well architected software that is rock solid through automated testing.
Curious. You stay on top of trends, explore emerging technologies, and treat every project as an opportunity to learn new things.
Friendly. You know that communication can make or break a project. You know how to give and receive constructive feedback. You can collaborate with software engineers, product managers, QA engineers and business folks.
Experience. You’ve faced some problems and either solved them or learned an important lesson. Either way, your bag of tricks has some depth and you have strong opinions about what works and what doesn’t (that you’re willing to reconsider in the face of new evidence).
Technologies. Due stability and distribution reasons our SDK is built with Objective-C and our tests suites and internal apps are built with Swift. So we expect that:
- You have 5+ years of software development experience with 3+ years of experience working on mobile software development
- You have proficiency working with both Objective-C and Swift
- You have shipped one or more iOS apps with a server component
- You have experience working with XCTest as unit test framework
- You have experience building and shipping SDKs or libraries
- You have experience with debugging proxies (Charles preferred)
- You have experience working with continuous integration tools (Travis CI preferred)
- You have had exposure to Android development
What we offer:
- Company sponsored daily lunch, healthy snacks, and coffee in our cool office in the centre of Barcelona - near subway and train stations
- Flexible schedule based on core hours and the possibility of working from home on Wednesdays
- Competitive salary with bonuses based on performance
- Stock options after 1 year of employment
- English/Spanish lessons and/or other investments in your professional development
- Private health insurance
- Gym membership (Gymforless)
- Transportation reimbursement
- Team building events
More about us:
We are proud of the product we've built and appreciated the impact it has on other people's businesses and lives. We want to be surrounded by people who are always finding opportunities to try something new and grow. We love data and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions and always design with the user in mind. Sounds like a fit? Join us, and be a part of the team that will change the future of mobile gaming!
We are an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and make our hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.