Who we are:
Chartboost is the leading in-app monetization and programmatic advertising platform. We reach an audience of over 900M unique users every day and work with 90% of the top grossing iOS and Android game developers, globally. The Chartboost SDK is the highest-integrated independent mobile ad SDK and through Chartboost Exchange, Ad Network, and other services, we empower developers to build businesses, while connecting advertisers to highly engaged audiences.
We are currently looking for a QA Engineer to join our SDK Team based in our Barcelona office.
What you’ll do:
As an SDK Team member, you will be responsible for executing and improving the QA process of:
- Our iOS and Android SDKs, the entry point to our ad network for 300,000+ mobile games
- Our SDK integrations with external software like mediation and header bidding partners
This will be done by:
- Working with the development and product sides of the team to put together test plans, so everything gets the QA approval before getting released
- Introducing automated test suites to accomplish our goal of keeping the required manual work as minimum as possible
- Receiving timely feedback from Product and Business that will let you know about the impact of your work and why it is essential
How we work:
We apply Agile methodologies in our daily basis and we do it without dogmas grabbing influences from Scrum and Kanban. Currently, we do weekly sprints with clear goals that help us deliver value every single week. We also do weekly retrospectives as our way to keep improving the way we work.
Who you are:
Passionate. You take your work seriously, whether it’s getting deep into finding the origin of a bug or architecting new ways of doing test automation. You can balance hitting deadlines with shipping quality products and care about things like well documented test cases and easy to maintain automated test suites.
Curious. You stay on top of trends, explore emerging technologies, and treat every project as an opportunity to learn new things.
Friendly. You know that communication can make or break a project. You know how to give and receive constructive feedback. You can collaborate with software engineers, product managers, QA engineers, UX designers, other engineers, and business folks.
Experience. You’ve faced some problems and either solved them or learned an important lesson. Either way, your bag of tricks has some depth and you have strong opinions about what works and what doesn’t (that you’re willing to reconsider in the face of new evidence).
Technologies. Our QA process combines manual and automated test cases execution in a highly technical environment, so we expect that:
- You have 3+ years of QA experience with 1+ years of experience working on QA automation mainly focused on mobile applications
- You have a general knowledge of SDK and software tools
- You have experience working with Test Management Tools (TestRail preferred) to keep the QA process and its progress documented
- You have experience with debugging proxies (Charles preferred)
- You have experience working with mobile test automation technologies like Appium, XCTest and/or Espresso
- You have good knowledge of the usual development cycle tools like git and TravisCI
- You have good knowledge of Linux and its command line
- You are detail-oriented and have a self-motivated personality
- You are passionate about learning new technologies
- You have experience doing QA on software libraries
- You have experience working with web tests automation technologies like Selenium and Cypress
- You have experience working with monitoring tools (Kibana and Sentry preferred)
- You have excellent troubleshooting skills in software embedded modules, APIs and tools
- You have experience working with AdTech, specially IAB standards like MRAID and VAST
What we offer:
- Company sponsored daily lunch, healthy snacks, and coffee in our cool office in the centre of Barcelona - near subway and train stations
- Flexible schedule based on core hours and the possibility of working from home on Wednesdays
- Competitive salary with bonuses based on performance
- Stock options after 1 year of employment
- English/Spanish lessons and/or other investments in your professional development
- Private health insurance
- Gym membership (Gymforless)
- Transportation reimbursement
- Team building events
More about us:
We are proud of the product we've built and appreciated the impact it has on other people's businesses and lives. We want to be surrounded by people who are always finding opportunities to try something new and grow. We love data and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions and always design with the user in mind. Sounds like a fit? Join us, and be a part of the team that will change the future of mobile gaming!
We are an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and make our hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.