Who we are:
Chartboost is the leading in-app monetization and programmatic advertising platform. We reach an audience of over 900M unique users every month across more than 300,000 mobile games and work with 90% of the top grossing iOS and Android game developers, globally. The Chartboost SDK is the highest-integrated independent mobile ad SDK and through Chartboost Exchange, Ad Network, and other services, we empower developers to build businesses, while connecting advertisers to highly engaged audiences.
Now we’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team focused on the development of our real-time bidder, one of the most exciting and important products within Chartboost. The system powering this product must deal with 100,000’s of requests per second and presents unique engineering challenges. In addition, the bidder requires use of machine learning models that are trained in batch and then used to power decision making in real-time.
Who you are:
Passionate. You take your work seriously, whether it’s sculpting beautiful and intuitive interfaces or crafting elegant and performant code. You can balance hitting deadlines with shipping quality products and care about things like unit tests and code reviews.
Curious. You stay on top of trends, explore emerging technologies, and treat every project as an opportunity to learn new things. You’ve starred a bunch of repos in GitHub and could rattle off ten projects that we should totally check out.
Friendly. You know that communication can make or break a project. You are excited to mentor junior engineers. You know how to give (and receive) constructive feedback. You can collaborate with product managers, UX designers, other engineers, and maybe even business folk.
Experience. You’ve faced some problems and either solved them or learned an important lesson. Either way, your bag of tricks has some depth and you have strong opinions about what works and what doesn’t (that you’re willing to reconsider in the face of new evidence).
Technologies. Our stack is mainly written in Python and consists of a set of interacting microservices. We use AWS heavily for our data processing requirements and to power training of our machine learning models.
- You are a professional software developer, experience in mobile is a plus
- You are passionate about iterating team workflows to improve productivity and mentoring junior team members to enable them to learn and thrive
- You have experience designing scalable/low latency systems
- You have experience using monitoring tools in production
- You are comfortable with the core parts of AWS stack (ec2, s3, etc.)
- You are comfortable with DevOps/CI tools (travis, jenkins, etc.)
- You have experience running Machine Learning systems in production
- You’ve worked with ETL/big data technologies (hdfs, Hive, etc.)
- You have experience leading a small team
What we offer:
- The opportunity to help build a company with the founding team
- Stock Options - you will have a stake in the future success of Chartboost
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance options
- Catered lunches and fully stocked kitchens
- Commuter Program and 401k savings plan
- Flex Vacation – personal time to refresh your mind/body/soul, spend time with loved ones and celebrate life events. There is no accrual or specific limit to the amount of time an employee may use
More about us:
We are proud of the product we have built and appreciate the impact it has on other people's businesses and lives. We want to be surrounded by people who are always finding opportunities to try something new and grow. We love data and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions and always design with the user in mind. Sounds like a fit? Join us, and be part of the team that will change the future of mobile gaming!
We are an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and make our hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Californian Residents, please review the Chartboost California Employment Candidate Privacy Notice before submitting any personal information.