Who we are:
Chartboost is the leading in-app monetization and programmatic advertising platform. We reach an audience of over 900M unique users every month across more than 300,000 mobile games and work with 90% of the top grossing iOS and Android game developers, globally. The Chartboost SDK is the highest-integrated independent mobile ad SDK and through Chartboost Exchange, Ad Network, and other services, we empower developers to build businesses, while connecting advertisers to highly engaged audiences. We’re rapidly growing and looking for passionate people to expand our team in Barcelona.
Now we’re looking for a Software Engineer to join a new team focused on the development of our real-time bidder, one of the most exciting and important products within Chartboost. The system powering this product must deal with 100,000’s of requests per second and presents unique engineering challenges. In addition, the bidder requires use of machine learning models that are trained in batch and then used to power decision making in real-time.
Who you are:
Passionate. You take your work seriously, whether it’s sculpting beautiful and intuitive interfaces or crafting elegant and performant code. You can balance hitting deadlines with shipping quality products and care about things like unit tests and code reviews.
Curious. You stay on top of trends, explore emerging technologies, and treat every project as an opportunity to learn new things. You’ve starred a bunch of repos in GitHub and could rattle off ten projects that we should totally check out.
Friendly. You know that communication can make or break a project. You are excited to mentor junior engineers. You know how to give (and receive) constructive feedback. You can collaborate with product managers, UX designers, other engineers, and maybe even business folk.
Experience. You’ve faced some problems and either solved them or learned an important lesson. Either way, your bag of tricks has some depth and you have strong opinions about what works and what doesn’t (that you’re willing to reconsider in the face of new evidence).
Technologies. Our stack is mainly written in Python and consists of a set of interacting microservices. We use AWS heavily for our data processing requirements and to power training of our machine learning models.
- You are a professional software developer, experience in mobile is a plus
- You have experience designing scalable/low latency systems
- You are comfortable with the core parts of AWS stack (ec2, s3, etc.)
- You have experience implementing and using monitoring tools in production (kibana)
- You are comfortable with DevOps/CI tools (travis, jenkins, etc.)
- You have experience running Machine Learning systems in production
- You’ve worked with ETL/big data technologies (hdfs, Hive, etc.)
- You have worked with international teams and across different time zones
What we offer:
- Company sponsored daily lunch, healthy snacks, and coffee in our cool office in the centre of Barcelona - near subway and train stations
- Flexible schedule based on core hours and the possibility of working from home on Wednesdays
- Competitive salary with bonuses based on performance
- Stock options after 1 year of employment
- English/Spanish lessons and/or other investments in your professional development
- Private health insurance
- Gym membership (Gymforless)
- Transportation reimbursement
- Team building events
More about us:
We are proud of the product we've built and appreciated the impact it has on other people's businesses and lives. We want to be surrounded by people who are always finding opportunities to try something new and grow. We love data and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions and always design with the user in mind. Sounds like a fit? Join us, and be a part of the team that will change the future of mobile gaming!
We are an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and make our hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.