Who we are:
Chartboost is the leading in-app monetization and programmatic advertising platform. We reach an audience of over 900M unique users every month across more than 300,000 mobile games and work with 90% of the top grossing iOS and Android game developers, globally. The Chartboost SDK is the highest-integrated independent mobile ad SDK and through Chartboost Exchange, Ad Network, and other services, we empower developers to build businesses, while connecting advertisers to highly engaged audiences.
What you'll do:
We are looking for a backend engineer to join our Ad Serving team and help us build the best advertising platform for mobile developers. You'll work on a system that processes tens of thousands of requests per second and conducts a real-time auction to find and deliver the most effective ads from the Chartboost Network or those of our global partners. We trust our engineers to own this critical system and handle the full life cycle of feature development, from initial design all the way to shipping into production.
Our system is written in Scala and has plenty of opportunities to flex your distributed, low-latency programming muscle, using technologies like akka-actors, akka-http, cats, circe, protocol buffers and others.
Who you are:
- You love working with Scala (or have a strong willingness to learn) and backend applications
- You have a track record in programming languages like Java or a functional programming language
- You’re the type that appreciates clean code and have experience in writing unit tests to keep the utmost in code quality!
- You stay on top of trends, explore emerging technologies, and treat every project as an opportunity to learn new things
- You have the desire to learn new technologies and evaluate multiple approaches to solve a problem
- You know that communication can make or break a project
- You are excited to mentor junior engineers
- You know how to give (and receive) constructive feedback
- You have some experience in building RESTful APIs and faced/solved problems that arise with scaling them
- You’ve worked with NoSQL databases like Aerospike or MongoDB and with AWS or other public cloud environments
- MS or BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline preferred
What we offer:
- The opportunity to help build a company with the founding team
- Stock Options - you will have a stake in the future success of Chartboost
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance options
- Catered lunches and fully stocked kitchens
- Commuter Program and 401k savings plan
- Flex Vacation – personal time to refresh your mind/body/soul, spend time with loved ones and celebrate life events. There is no accrual or specific limit to the amount of time an employee may use
More about us:
We are proud of the product we have built and appreciate the impact it has on other people's businesses and lives. We want to be surrounded by people who are always finding opportunities to try something new and grow. We love data and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions and always design with the user in mind. Sounds like a fit? Join us, and be part of the team that will change the future of mobile gaming!
We are an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and make our hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.