Who we are:
Chartboost is the leading in-app monetization and programmatic advertising platform. We reach an audience of over 900M unique users every month across more than 300,000 mobile games and work with 90% of the top grossing iOS and Android game developers, globally. The Chartboost SDK is the highest-integrated independent mobile ad SDK and through Chartboost Exchange, Ad Network, and other services, we empower developers to build businesses, while connecting advertisers to highly engaged audiences. We’re rapidly growing and looking for passionate people to expand our team in Barcelona.
About the role:
We are seeking world-class data pipeline engineers to join our team, helping us build and maintain a data platform that supports diverse uses — including data analysis, exploration, aggregation, and external & internal APIs — delivering significant value to our game developers, advertisers and internal clients.
In this role you are expected to be comfortable working to high standards as a professional data engineer, dealing with huge amounts of business-critical data (hundreds of TBs), and to contribute across a full spectrum of responsibilities from architecture to ops.
Our stack currently includes Spark, Presto, Qubole, EMR, Cloudera, Hive, Kafka, Airflow, Scala, Python, MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Spinnaker, and Kubernetes, running in AWS. You will also have opportunities to join us in exploring new technologies and use them to design, deploy and operate highly performant systems.
As part of a startup you will be a key player in our small, nimble, internationally-distributed team and drive significant impact all across the company's data technology and business.
What you’ll do:
- Develop high-quality reliable data pipelines that convert data streams into valuable information
- Design, implement and deploy both real time and batch data processing pipelines for internal and external customers
- Develop tools to monitor, debug, analyze and operate our data infrastructure
- Design and implement data technologies that can scale for hundreds of millions of users
- Collaborate with our product and business teams to deliver valuable new features and functions
Who you are:
- 3+ years of professional experience in data engineering environments
- 2+ years of experience with SQL and programming in any of Python/Java/Scala or similar HLL
- Experience with data pipelines in Spark/Hive processing larger than 10TB of data is a plus
- Experience working in cloud environments, ideally with AWS/EMR
- Strong experience in improving performance of queries and data jobs and scaling the system for exponential growth in data volumes and traffic
- Expert debugging skills and enthusiasm for automation to deliver high-quality reliable systems
- Comfortable with modern development tools such as Git and Confluence and working in a distributed agile team environment with both high autonomy and regular collaboration
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent experience
What we offer:
- Company sponsored daily lunch, healthy snacks, and coffee in our cool office in the centre of Barcelona - near subway and train stations
- Flexible schedule based on core hours and the possibility of working from home on Wednesdays
- Competitive salary with bonuses based on performance
- Stock options after 1 year of employment
- English/Spanish lessons and/or other investments in your professional development
- Private health insurance
- Gym membership (Gymforless)
- Transportation reimbursement
- Team building events
More about us:
We are proud of the product we've built and appreciate the impact it has on other people's businesses and lives. We want to be surrounded by people who are always finding opportunities to try something new and grow. We love data and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions and always design with the user in mind. Sounds like a fit? Join us, and be part of the team that will change the future of mobile gaming!
We are an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and make our hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.