Who is Charles River Associates?
Charles River Associates is a top global consulting firm specializing in economic, financial, and management consulting services. CRA advises clients on economic and financial matters pertaining to litigation and regulatory proceedings, and guides corporations through critical business strategy and performance-related issues. Since 1965, clients have engaged CRA for its unique combination of functional expertise and industry knowledge, and for its objective solutions to complex problems.
What we do
The CRA Energy practice frequently works with commercial clients (e.g., utilities, OEMs, private equity) to develop growth strategies, transform operations, and explore and execute on M&A, particularly centered on the Energy Transition. We are seeking candidates with advanced degrees and energy sector backgrounds that are interested in helping clients navigate these complex challenges. Position is based in Boston, MA or Washington D.C.
- Managing and contributing to engagements that involve developing and reshaping corporate and business unit strategy, planning and executing M&A, evaluating market entry and exit choices, and other topical areas.
- Performing a broad range of analytical tasks to deconstruct issues and develop innovative solutions to the challenges facing our clients.
- Developing presentations and reports to concisely, comprehensively, and accurately share findings with clients on complex matters.
- Facilitating discussions with and presenting findings to senior- and mid-level staff of clients.
- Overseeing junior staff in the production of reports, presentations, and market analyses.
- Preparing and presenting thought pieces on relevant industry topics to demonstrating thought leadership.
- Supporting business development activities to identify and engage with potential new clients.
- Graduate degree in economics, business, finance, operations research, or engineering is strongly preferred
- Background and demonstrated interest in energy sector
- Three to five years of professional experience, including one to two years of previous project and client management, required
- Experience in market research, data analysis, and developing financial models
- Strong problem-solving abilities and resourcefulness
- Working well in a team environment, and willingness to provide mentorship and supervision to junior staff members
- Some travel may be required during normal conditions, primarily in North America
Work Location, Flexibility, and COVID Safety
At CRA, we believe in creating a work environment that enables our colleagues to benefit from being together in the office to best deliver on our promise of career growth and mentorship, whilst also taking advantage of the flexibility and inclusivity that working from home provides. CRA values the health, safety, and wellbeing of our colleagues and will require proof of COVID vaccination for employment with CRA US offices (excepting cases of medical or religious exemption) and proof of vaccination for entry to our Toronto office. For those who begin the interview process with CRA, your recruiting point of contact will be available to answer any questions about work location and COVID safety you may have.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Charles River Associates is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AAE). As part of our focus on equity and inclusion, we work to ensure a fair and consistent hiring process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.