If your background is in Computer Science and Engineering, Data Analytics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Machine Learning, Management Information Systems, or Security Information Systems, or an interest in those areas plus a background in Finance, Accounting, or Economics, learn more about internships at Charles River Associates!
Who is Charles River Associates?
Charles River Associates® is a leading global consulting firm specializing in economic, financial, and management consulting services. CRA advises clients on economic and financial matters pertaining to litigation and regulatory proceedings, and guides corporations through critical business strategy and performance-related issues to become more profitable. Since 1965, clients have engaged CRA for our unique combination of functional expertise and industry knowledge, and for our objective solutions to complex problems. CRA delivers meaningful, customized and practical solutions to our clients.
What will I do during my CRA internship?
- Our Summer Analyst/Associate Internship program mirrors the analyst experience to give you an understanding of our business and experience project work at Charles River Associates. Throughout the 8-10 week program, Analyst/Associate Interns work alongside senior colleagues to deliver live client consulting projects within the practice area. Along the way, you’ll benefit from professional development and wellness support programs, social events to connect you with peers and a collegial work environment. Successful interns will be offered a full-time position following graduation.
During a Data Analyst/Analytics Internship program, you may work on many aspects of a project:
- Use data analytics to enhance clients’ understanding of key business, risk, strategic, or regulatory issues;
- Manipulate and analyze large volume of disparate data (>100MM records) to develop critical insights for our clients’ issues or in anticipation of business disputes, regulatory and enforcement matters, complex litigation, or business decision-making;
- Build statistical and machine learning models, or custom visualizations and applications, to detect patterns, trends, outliers and drivers among relevant business issues;
- Apply predictive analytics, statistical modelling and machine learning/deep learning techniques for recommender systems, financial crime detection applications, risk analytics and text analytics;
- Assist with the collection, loading, standardization, and identification of relevant data for analysis;
- Communicate analyses findings to your team members through visuals, data tables and models, and assist with the development of client materials;
- Develop tools to support the evolving data landscape, and stay current with developments in data analytics, solution architecture and programming languages;
- This is NOT a technical IT role
Hiring Practices and Internship Locations:
- Life Sciences (New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; Summit, NJ)
- Risk, Investigations & Analytics (New York, NY)
Learn more about our work by reviewing our Services and Industries on our website.
What do we look for in candidates?
We seek motivated Juniors and first-year Master’s students (non-MBA) with expected graduation dates from December 2023 – August 2024. Strong candidates would possess:
- Familiarity with several core skills:
- Experience with relational database systems such as MS SQL Server or Oracle Database;
- Experience in executing data science methodologies using common programming languages, such as Python, R, SAS, VBA, or Scala;
- Experience in cloud-based platforms (e.g. Snowflake, AWS RedShift, Qubole, Azure);
- Knowledge of any of the following: Natural Language Processing & Text Mining, Experimental Design, Bayesian Networks, Network/Graph Mining;
- Specific expertise in broader analytics area (e.g. Data Engineering, Social Listening, Optimization, Simulation);
- Curiosity and analytic thinking to bring creative approaches to non-standard problems
- Effective written and oral communication skills;
- A demonstrated high level of initiative and leadership;
- Strong teamwork orientation and collaboration capabilities;
- Excellent time management and task prioritization skills;
- Clear and demonstrated interest in consulting through coursework, work experience, activities, or attendance at CRA recruiting events.
How to Apply
To be considered for the Summer 2023 Analyst/Associate Internship program, we require:
- Cover letter – please describe your interest in CRA and our internship. Also, please note if you have a particular practice and/or location preference;
- Resume – please include current address, email and telephone number;
- Transcript – may be unofficial.
Work Location, Flexibility, and COVID Safety
At CRA, we believe in creating a work environment that enables our colleagues to benefit from being together in the office to best deliver on our promise of career growth and mentorship, while also taking advantage of the flexibility and inclusivity that working from home provides. We continue to monitor local government and regulatory guidance and adapt our safety guidelines accordingly. For those who begin the interview process with CRA, your recruiting point of contact will be available to answer any questions about work location and COVID safety.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Charles River Associates is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our focus on equity and inclusion, we work to ensure a fair and consistent hiring process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
CRA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AAE): Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled.
The city of New York and the state of California require CRA to include a good-faith estimate of the wage range for this role. This range is specific to individuals applying to work in our New York and California offices and considers a number of factors including but not limited to experience, education level, and expertise. A good-faith estimate of the base wage range for this role is $1,200 - $1,300 weekly; actual total compensation may also include benefits.