If your background is in Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Economics, Mathematics, Social Sciences, Business, Finance, Engineering (Biomedical, Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Industrial, or Environmental), Sustainability, Health Care Policy/Management, or any other major focused on quantitative or qualitative research with an emphasis in Life Sciences, learn more about internships at Charles River Associates!
Who is Charles River Associates?
Charles River Associates® is a leading global consulting firm specializing in economic, financial, and management consulting services. CRA advises clients on economic and financial matters pertaining to litigation and regulatory proceedings, and guides corporations through critical business strategy and performance-related issues to become more profitable. Since 1965, clients have engaged CRA for our unique combination of functional expertise and industry knowledge, and for our objective solutions to complex problems. CRA delivers meaningful, customized and practical solutions to our clients.
What will I do during my CRA internship?
- Our Summer Analyst/Associate Internship program mirrors the analyst experience to give you an understanding of our business and experience project work at Charles River Associates. Throughout the 8-10 week program, Analyst/Associate Interns work alongside senior colleagues to deliver live client consulting projects within the practice area. Along the way, you’ll benefit from professional development and wellness support programs, social events to connect you with peers and a collegial work environment. Successful interns will be offered a full-time position following graduation.
During the Analyst/Associate Internship program, you may work on many aspects of a project:
- Conduct independent research to identify, collect, manage and analyze data using spreadsheets and statistical programs
- Contribute to internal discussions that build insights and integrate findings
- Participate in telephone or face-to-face interviews with clients or external stakeholders
- Assist with industry, market structure, and competitor-positioning studies using secondary research and/or primary research surveys or interviews
- Investigate and analyze market rules, regulations, industry trends, or other documents
- Generate sections of client reports, presentations and other client deliverables (e.g. Excel workbooks and PowerPoint presentations) under supervision
- Proactively develop your knowledge of the life sciences or energy industry as well as consulting methodologies
Hiring Practices and Internship Locations:
- Life Sciences - Strategy (Boston, New York, San Francisco) - The Life Sciences Practice works with life sciences (pharmaceutical, medical device, biotech, and diagnostic) companies in the areas of commercialization strategy, pricing and market access, litigation, and public policy.
Learn more about our work by reviewing our Services and Industries on our website.
What do we look for in candidates?
We seek motivated Juniors and first-year Master’s students (non-MBA) with expected graduation dates from December 2023 – August 2024. Strong candidates would possess:
- Understanding of how to conduct secondary research, critically interpret data, and summarize key takeaways
- Curiosity and analytic thinking to bring creative approaches to non-standard problems
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- A demonstrated high level of initiative and leadership
- Strong teamwork orientation and collaboration capabilities
- Excellent time management and task prioritization skills
- Clear and demonstrated interest in consulting through coursework, work experience, activities, or attendance at CRA recruiting events
How to Apply
To be considered for the Summer 2023 Analyst/Associate Internship program, we require:
- Cover letter – please describe your interest in CRA and our internship. Also, please note if you have a particular practice and/or location preference.
- Resume – please include current address, email, and telephone number
- Transcript – may be unofficial.
Work Location, Flexibility, and COVID Safety
At CRA, we believe in creating a work environment that enables our colleagues to benefit from being together in the office to best deliver on our promise of career growth and mentorship, while also taking advantage of the flexibility and inclusivity that working from home provides. We continue to monitor local government and regulatory guidance and adapt our safety guidelines accordingly. For those who begin the interview process with CRA, your recruiting point of contact will be available to answer any questions about work location and COVID safety.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Charles River Associates is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our focus on equity and inclusion, we work to ensure a fair and consistent hiring process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
CRA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AAE): Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled.
The city of New York and the state of California require CRA to include a good-faith estimate of the wage range for this role. This range is specific to individuals applying to work in our New York and California offices and considers several factors including but not limited to experience, education level, and expertise. A good-faith estimate of the base wage range for this role is $1,200 - $1,300 weekly; actual total compensation may also include benefits and bonus.