About Charles River Associates:
For over 50 years, Charles River Associates has been a premier consulting firm that offers employees a place to learn from a diverse group of consultants, industry experts, and academics. At CRA, you will be exposed to leading minds who use economic, financial, and business analysis to solve complex world problems for an impressive roster of clients, including major law firms, Fortune 100 companies, and government agencies. Through a collegial environment, formal and informal training opportunities, and a broad array of professional development resources, your experience at CRA will open doors for you as you accelerate your career.
Experts in CRA’s Forensic Services practice provide independent forensic expertise and data analytics capabilities in complex litigation, cyber security incident response, internal and compliance investigations, and white-collar defense matters. Companies and their legal counsel routinely call upon us to investigate a broad range of allegations, including cyber-crime, financial fraud, theft of a trade secret, employee misconduct, , , and non-compliance. Our teams integrate expertise in data analytics, problem solving, technology, and business intelligence. They possess the skills required to ensure our work will withstand aggressive, adversarial and/or regulatory scrutiny.
We are currently looking for Associates and Consulting Associates to join our Chicago, Washington DC or Boston office. As a firm we offer a top-notch experience for consultants: a rigorous analytical education, opportunities for significant responsibility, and resources to support professional growth. As a Consulting Associate or Associate, you will work in project teams with Vice Presidents and project managers and will conduct research and use technology to organize, analyze, and deliver data-driven insights.
As an Associate or Consulting Associate, your responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Developing, performing, and supervising database and structured data related projects, which may include establishing data discovery and collection processes, performing complex data analysis, supervising staff on various project tasks, and being the key point of contact for clients
- Utilizing scripting and database experience to ingest, normalize and analyze large client data sets
- Identifying, researching, and organizing information to assess the appropriateness and sufficiency of available data to facilitate effective data access and analysis
- Extracting complex data from client investigations or litigation matters and assisting in writing expert reports and testimony preparation for potential trial cases
- Training and development of team members on various data analysis techniques and tools
- Assisting with recruiting and training efforts as needed
- 2-6+ years of experience consulting on data projects
- Must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field
- Experience working with relational databases or similar data structures
- Experience with SQL required
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, manage multiple projects and meet timely deadlines.
- Effective communicator and collaborator who enjoys working with teams
- Ability and willingness to travel for client projects
- You will have the opportunity to gain experience in cyber incident response by supporting our cyber team with data analytics, but prior experience in this area is not required
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Work Location, Flexibility, and COVID Safety
At CRA, we believe in creating a work environment that enables our colleagues to benefit from being together in the office to best deliver on our promise of career growth and mentorship, whilst also taking advantage of the flexibility and inclusivity that working from home provides. CRA values the health, safety, and wellbeing of our colleagues and will require proof of COVID vaccination for employment with CRA US offices (excepting cases of medical or religious exemption) and proof of COVID vaccination for entry to our Toronto office. For those who begin the interview process with CRA, your recruiting point of contact will be available to answer any questions about work location and COVID safety.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Charles River Associates is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AAE). As part of our focus on equity and inclusion, we work to ensure a fair and consistent hiring process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.