About Charles River Associates
For over 50 years, Charles River Associates has been a premier consulting firm that offers employees a place to learn from a diverse group of consultants, industry experts, and academics. At CRA you will be exposed to leading minds who use economic, financial, and business analysis to solve complex world problems for an impressive roster of clients, including major law firms, Fortune 100 companies, and government agencies. Through a collegial environment, formal and informal training opportunities, and a broad array of professional development resources, your experience at CRA will open doors for you as you launch your career.
CRA’ s Life Sciences practice helps pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical devices companies achieve optimum performance across key aspects of their business including innovation, commercial success, organization, and reputation, all for the long-term benefit of patients, clinicians, employees, and shareholders. We work with life sciences businesses directly as well as with their legal counsel, industry associations, government organizations, and advocacy groups.
The Life Sciences practice brings clarity and solutions to complex challenges. Clients turn to us when they need to make the right decision, implement it the right way, and secure buy-in from key stakeholders. Their trust in us is rooted in our emphatic focus on clients and specifically there hands-on life sciences experience, in-depth sector knowledge, from R&D to market entry and beyond and strong academic credentials in science, economics, and business.
The CRA life sciences team operates from offices across the United States and Europe to provide insights on global issues and local market knowledge as well as ease of access for our clients.
Joining the Life Sciences Practice at CRA as an Intern will provide you with a unique opportunity to develop your knowledge of healthcare globally. As an integral member of the team you will help us deliver high-impact solutions to our clients that are implementable and make a difference. We will give you access to our global practice where you can get exposure to colleagues from across our offices and gain experience across a wide range of geographies, therapy areas, aspects of the industry and projects.
You will be a part of an integrated team that executes and delivers across a wide variety of consulting projects through:
- Working closely with senior colleagues to deliver consulting projects that address specific client needs.
- Conducting independent research to identify, collect, manage and analyse data
- Contributing to internal discussions that build insights from the analytical process and you will help integrate findings into the broader project work.
- Conducting telephone or face-to-face interviews with clients or external stakeholders.
- Assuming responsibility to generating sections of client reports, presentations and other client deliverables (e.g. excel Workbooks) whilst under close supervision.
- Proactively developing your knowledge of the life sciences industry as well as consulting methodologies.
We are seeking final year undergraduate, graduate degree or current Masters and PhD students who have studied a economics, life or natural sciences, business administration or a medicine subject from a top-tier academic institute.
Applicants should have the ability to meet the following criteria:
- Interest in the life sciences industry
- Proficiency in both English and German (B2 Level)
- General understanding of business processes
- Core analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid presentation, communication and influencing skills
- Understanding of how to use Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel plus an understanding of how to conduct research on the Internet
- Excellent written and oral conversational and business English – additional languages may be an advantage but are not required
- Eye for detail and self-motivated to deliver high quality work on time
We are seeking applicants who are available for periods of 4-6 months
How to Apply
To be considered for this role, please submit your resume and cover letter. Please include your desired Internship dates and the duration you are available for in your cover letter. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Work Location, Flexibility, and COVID Safety
At CRA, we believe in creating a work environment that enables our colleagues to benefit from being together in the office to best deliver on our promise of career growth and mentorship, whilst also taking advantage of the flexibility and inclusivity that working from home provides. We continue to monitor local government and regulatory guidance and adapt our safety guidelines accordingly. For those who begin the interview process with CRA, your recruiting point of contact will be available to answer any questions about work location and COVID safety.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Charles River Associates is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our focus on equity and inclusion, we work to ensure a fair and consistent hiring process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.