About Charles River Associates:
For over 50 years, Charles River Associates has been a premier consulting firm that offers employees a place to collaborate with and learn from a diverse group of consultants, industry experts, and academics. At CRA you will join leading minds who use economic, financial, technical, and business analysis to solve complex problems for an impressive roster of clients, including 99% of the top 100 law firms, 89% of the Fortune 100 companies, and government agencies around the globe. CRA offers a collaborative environment, with teams who strive for client excellence by bringing curiosity, resourcefulness, and initiative to their work. Through a collegial atmosphere, formal and informal training opportunities, and a broad array of professional development resources, your experience at CRA will open doors for you as you accelerate your career.
CRA’s Risk, Investigations & Analytics Practice includes former prosecutors and government agents, white-collar crime investigators, forensic accountants, legal, risk and compliance professionals, testifying experts, and data analytics specialists. We execute complex multi-disciplinary client engagements related to investigations, compliance and risk management, and disputes and litigation support. Our sophisticated data analytics capabilities combined with our investigative and subject matter expertise allows us to identify and analyze legal, reputational, and commercial risks on behalf of law firms, financial institutions, corporations, regulatory authorities, and other organizations worldwide.
As an Manager, you will be responsible for leading and coordinating efforts on both small and large engagements, working with data analytics and investigative research professionals to deliver exceptional client deliverables. You will be responsible for leading forensic and financial investigations and for leading and coordinating business development initiatives such as attending marketing events, preparing thought leadership and developing your own network. Responsibilities may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Lead engagements to investigate and analyze financial and accounting records in support of various financial investigations such as asset misappropriation, corruption or financial statement fraud matters.
- Design and perform forensic accounting procedures as part of large, multi-disciplinary investigations that incorporate traditional investigative background research, complex data sets, and technical accounting or economic analyses.
- Oversee efforts to utilize economic, accounting and/or financial background to support senior experts and/or to conduct analysis of various types of data.
- Facilitate the execution of engagement procedures by providing guidance on task execution and by checking work for completeness, accuracy, and appropriateness.
- Prepare and present materials in connection with client proposals and meetings by consolidating observations into key themes for attorneys.
- Lead business development efforts and practice development initiatives.
- Lead the day-to-day administration of engagements, including work plan execution, budgeting, and invoicing.
- Perform quality control procedures over client deliverables including financial analyses, investigative findings, research summaries, expert reports and trial materials.
- Minimum of 6 years of accounting or finance experience.
- Audit experience or forensic and litigation consulting experience required.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field (accounting or finance).
- CPA designation and/or other relevant certifications or degrees is preferred.
- Experience managing large scale global engagements and managing multiple engagements simultaneously.
- Experience analyzing voluminous transactional electronic data, coordinating with data analytics professionals and visualizing report output.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail.
- Some travel required.
Work Location, Flexibility, and COVID Safety
At CRA, we believe in creating a work environment that enables our colleagues to benefit from being together in the office to best deliver on our promise of career growth and mentorship, while also taking advantage of the flexibility and inclusivity that working from home provides. We continue to monitor local government and regulatory guidance and adapt our safety guidelines accordingly. For those who begin the interview process with CRA, your recruiting point of contact will be available to answer any questions about work location and COVID safety.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Charles River Associates is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our focus on equity and inclusion, we work to ensure a fair and consistent hiring process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
CRA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AAE): Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled.
The city of New York requires CRA to include a good-faith estimate of the wage range for this role. This range is specific to individuals applying to work in our New York office and considers a number of factors including but not limited to experience, education level, and expertise. A good-faith estimate of the base wage range for this role is $115,000 - $140,000; actual total compensation may also include benefits and bonus.