About Charles River Associates
For over 50 years, Charles River Associates has been a premier consulting firm that offers employees a place to collaborate with and learn from a diverse group of consultants, industry experts, and academics. At CRA you will join leading minds who use economic, financial, technical, and business analysis to solve complex problems for an impressive roster of clients, including 99% of the top 100 law firms, 89% of the Fortune 100 companies, and government agencies around the globe. CRA offers a collaborative environment, with teams who strive for client excellence by bringing curiosity, resourcefulness, and initiative to their work. Through a collegial atmosphere, formal and informal training opportunities, and a broad array of professional development resources, your experience at CRA will open doors for you as you accelerate your career.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Specialist is responsible for the design, development, implementation, management, and support of mission critical enterprise BI reporting. Working with cross-functional teams, you will be required to gather, document, and approve business requirements for data analysis and reporting projects, as well as use BI, database, and ETL tools to develop reporting solutions to meet business needs.
- Collaborate with business units and Business Analysts to understand and develop business and functional requirements for new BI system requirements.
- Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to drive data mart design and configuration.
- Provide a user-experience that incorporates best practices and current industry trends.
- Use ETL tools to load data marts.
- Develop technical documentation to accurately represent application design and code.
- Cross train with team members to provide backup and support as needed
- Must be able to perform duties with moderate to low supervision.
- BS in Computer Science or related field with at least 5+ years of relevant experience
- Proficiency with Tableau, including Tableau Administration and Tableau Security Management is a plus
- Demonstrated ability with ETL tools. Familiarity with SSIS is a plus
- Relational Databases (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle)
- Operating Systems (e.g. Windows, UNIX, iOS)
- Cloud Services (e.g. Azure)
- Experience using software project lifecycle tools (e.g. TFS, GitHub)
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work closely with Business Analysts and clients to understand business requirements
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- A team player with excellent verbal, writing and listening skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects and tasks by agreed upon deadlines
- Able to operate independently
How to Apply
To be considered for this position please submit a cover letter and resume.
Work Location, Flexibility, and COVID Safety
At CRA, we believe in creating a work environment that enables our colleagues to benefit from being together in the office to best deliver on our promise of career growth and mentorship, while also taking advantage of the flexibility and inclusivity that working from home provides. We continue to monitor local government and regulatory guidance and adapt our safety guidelines accordingly. For those who begin the interview process with CRA, your recruiting point of contact will be available to answer any questions about work location and COVID safety.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Charles River Associates is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our focus on equity and inclusion, we work to ensure a fair and consistent hiring process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
CRA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AAE): Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled.