If your background is in Social Sciences, Business, Finance, Engineering (Biomedical, Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Industrial, or Environmental), Sustainability, Policy/Management, or any other major focused on quantitative or qualitative research with an emphasis in Energy, learn more about what you can do at CRA!
Who is Charles River Associates?
Charles River Associates® is a leading global consulting firm specializing in economic, financial, and management consulting services. CRA advises clients on economic and financial matters pertaining to litigation and regulatory proceedings, and guides corporations through critical business strategy and performance-related issues. Since 1965, clients have engaged CRA for its unique combination of functional expertise and industry knowledge, and for its objective solutions to complex problems.
Our practices that most frequently hire candidates with these backgrounds are (hiring locations are listed):
- Energy (Boston, Washington, D.C.) - CRA’s Energy Practice provides expert economic and business consulting services to a wide range of electricity and industrial clients. We typically work with regulators, investors, utilities, generators, oil and gas/LNG companies, and chemicals clients.
You can learn more about our work by reviewing our Services and Industries on our website.
What Will I do at CRA?
- Work closely with senior colleagues to deliver strategy consulting projects that address specific client needs in the life sciences or energy industries
- Conduct independent research to identify, collect, manage and analyze data using spreadsheets and statistical programs
- Contribute to internal discussions that build insights from the analytical process and integrating findings into broader project deliverables
- Conduct telephone or face-to-face interviews with clients or external stakeholders
- Facilitate industry, market structure, and competitor-positioning studies using secondary research and/or primary research surveys or interviews
- Investigate and analyze market rules, regulations, industry trends, or other documents
- Assume responsibility for generating sections of client reports, presentations and other client deliverables (e.g. Excel workbooks and PowerPoint presentations) whilst under close supervision
- Proactively develop your knowledge of the life sciences or energy industry as well as consulting methodologies
How Will I Grow at CRA?
- A commitment to offering 100 hours of training annually through Formal and informal training programs, including:
- Research and analysis training program focused on technical skills, consulting skills and networking with colleagues
- Quarterly technical training taught by in-house experts and affiliated professors
- Presentation skills and management training
- Partnership with LinkedIn Learning featuring more than 13,000 courses
- For those considering a graduate program, annual workshops featuring small group Q&A with top admissions officers
- Flexible and continuous mentorship, coaching and feedback from an assigned senior staff colleague to help guide your career journey
- Leadership opportunities in recruiting, training, corporate sports teams, and volunteer activities in the local community
- In-house immigration support for foreign nationals and those conducting international business travel
- Wellness program to promote mental, physical, emotional, and financial well-being (e.g. nutrition counselling, financial wellbeing seminars, team fitness competitions)
- Superior benefits package
Exceptional candidates should demonstrate familiarity with several of these skills:
- Experience or keen interest in the life sciences and healthcare or energy sectors
- Solid presentation skills
- Understanding of how to conduct secondary research, critically interpret data, and summarize key takeaways
- Periodic travel may be required
What We Always are Looking for in a Candidate:
- Curious and analytical thinkers who can bring creative approaches to non-standard problems
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- A demonstrated high level of initiative and leadership
- Strong teamwork and collaboration capabilities
- Excellent time management and task prioritization skills
- Clear and demonstrated interest in consulting through coursework, work experience, activities, or attendance at CRA recruiting events
Interested in applying?
To be considered for a position in North America, we require the following:
- Cover letter – please describe your interest in CRA and how this role matches your goals. Also, please note if you have interest in a particular practice and/or a location preference.
- Resume – please include current address, email, and telephone number
- Transcript – may be unofficial. Note: you must be graduating from an undergraduate or masters program for this role. If you have work experience, please visit our Careers Site to see currently open roles.
If you are interested in applying for one of our international locations, please click here to view and apply for available jobs.
Work Location, Flexibility, and COVID Safety
At CRA, we believe in creating a work environment that enables our colleagues to benefit from being together in the office to best deliver on our promise of career growth and mentorship, while also taking advantage of the flexibility and inclusivity that working from home provides. We continue to monitor local government and regulatory guidance and adapt our safety guidelines accordingly. For those who begin the interview process with CRA, your recruiting point of contact will be available to answer any questions about work location and COVID safety.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Charles River Associates is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our focus on equity and inclusion, we work to ensure a fair and consistent hiring process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
CRA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AAE): Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled.
The city of New York requires CRA to include a good-faith estimate of the wage range for this role. This range is specific to individuals applying to work in our New York office and considers a number of factors including but not limited to experience, education level, and expertise. A good-faith estimate of the base wage range for this role is $87,000 - $87,000; actual total compensation may also include benefits and bonus.