Hiring Office: Sao Paulo, Brazil
About Charles River Associates:
For over 50 years, Charles River Associates has been a premier consulting firm that offers employees a place to collaborate with and learn from a diverse group of consultants, industry experts, and academics. At CRA you will join leading minds who use economic, financial, technical, and business analysis to solve complex problems for an impressive roster of clients, including 99% of the top 100 law firms, 89% of the Fortune 100 companies, and government agencies around the globe. CRA offers a collaborative environment, with teams who strive for client excellence by bringing curiosity, resourcefulness, and initiative to their work. Through a collegial atmosphere, formal and informal training opportunities, and a broad array of professional development resources, your experience at CRA will open doors for you as you accelerate your career.
As an Associate or Consulting Associate, you will support senior staff in performing compliance risk assessments, forensic accounting investigations, research, and analyzing large volume of data. You will work closely with colleagues in Brazil, in the United States and Europe but will be ultimately responsible for work executed by the Brazilian firm.
You will be responsible for working on research assignments, financial investigations and litigation and dispute matters. Responsibilities may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Investigate and analyze financial and accounting records in support of various financial investigations such as asset misappropriation, corruption or financial statement fraud matters.
- Perform forensic accounting procedures as part of large, multi-disciplinary investigations that incorporate traditional investigative background research, complex data sets, and technical accounting or economic analyses.
- Utilize economic, accounting and/or financial background to support senior experts and/or to conduct analysis of various types of data.
- Facilitate the execution of engagement procedures and by providing guidance on task execution and by checking work for completeness, accuracy, and appropriateness.
- Prepare and present materials in connection with client proposals and meetings.
- Participate in business development and practice development initiatives.
- Support the day-to-day administration of engagements, including work plan execution, budgeting, and invoicing.
- Review and summarize client documents, depositions and other legal documents, analyst reports, and third party financial and industry data to identify key information and discern relevant patterns.
- Assist in the creation, development and quality control of client deliverables including financial analyses, research summaries, expert reports and trial materials.
We are seeking candidates to support our growing investigations offerings. Ideal candidates should possess:
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience in forensic accounting or related field.
- Portuguese and English language fluency required as this person will interact frequently with international offices.
- Undergraduate degrees in related disciplines, such as business, law or accounting with prior consulting experience preferred. Professional certifications are beneficial but not required.
- A willingness to work in a collegial and entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, manage multiple workstreams, be attentive to detail, and meet timely deadlines.
- Proven experience identifying adverse issues, evaluating sources, and determining the completeness and accuracy of public records.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in relevant fields.
- A high level of initiative and curiosity, a strong work ethic and dedication to quality.
As an Associate or Consulting Associate, you will have frequent contact with senior leadership, and work closely with your team members.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit an English language version of your cover letter and resume.
Charles River Associates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AAE): Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled.