Who is Charles River Associates?
Charles River Associates is a top global consulting firm specializing in economic, financial, and management consulting services. CRA advises clients on economic and financial matters pertaining to litigation and regulatory proceedings, and guides corporations through critical business strategy and performance-related issues. Since 1965, clients have engaged CRA for its unique combination of functional expertise and industry knowledge, and for its objective solutions to complex problems.
The Human Capital department is a team of about 20 professionals committed to attracting, developing, and retaining excellent colleagues across the firm. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset: inspiring excellence and bringing expertise and innovation to your role every day.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Charles River Associates is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our focus on equity and inclusion, we work to ensure a fair and consistent hiring process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Role Overview: The Human Capital Manager is responsible for supporting the employee life cycle particularly as it relates to performance management, employee engagement, employment administration, conflict resolution, and departures. You must have excellent communications, attention to detail, analytical and problem resolution skills, and an ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization, as well as an employee-centered mindset. As importantly, you must be able to navigate difficult and sensitive circumstances with tact, sensitivity, and excellent judgment.
Role & Expectations:
- Building capability: Building manager capability across the firm by conducting one-on-one coaching with supervisors; and participating in talent planning meetings to strategize ways to increase the overall performance of our talent pools.
- Performance Management: Actively participate in the performance management process, finding ways to retain our top performers and manage our under-performers, and ensuring smooth execution of firm-wide annual review process. Contributing to involuntary terminations by managing the legal elements, including risk assessments, participation in termination discussions, preparation of documentation and severance agreements, and departure coordination.
- Data and Reporting: Participating in the design, communications campaign, and results analysis for a variety of internal initiatives including the annual employee engagement survey, recognition programs and talent planning initiatives.
- Solutions Consulting: Acting as the primary contact for employee relations issues including complaints and allegations and coordinating the response in partnership with Legal and HC Leadership. Providing consultation and input in the creation, revision, administration and interpretation of employment and employee relations policies and procedures globally.
- Employee Transitions: Overseeing changes in employment status and the voluntary departure process, being the main point of contact for employees and their teams to ensure a smooth transition for our clients.
Skills and Characteristics
- You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new initiatives and challenges without waiting to be asked. You take ownership of your projects and assignments and truly want to make a difference.
- You are attentive to detail. While you are a “zoomed out” thinker, you know that it’s important to sweat the small stuff because each employee interaction has high visibility and impact. You are responsive, organized, meet deadlines, communicate clearly, and deliver accurate, high-quality work.
- You use your best judgment and are able to interpret company policies and apply them to individual situations with judgment and tact. You know how important confidentiality is and use discretion with sensitive personal information.
- You can pivot to manage deadline pressure. Sometimes priorities change, or new issues arise with greater urgency. You are flexible with an ability to juggle multiple time-sensitive issues.
- You can work across US and European time zones using collaborative technologies such as Microsoft Teams.
- You like helping people. You are proactive, yet patient and cool under pressure. Whether assisting an employee who is dealing with conflict or interacting with someone who is leaving the firm, you bring warmth and competence.
- You are able to navigate and nurture CRA’s organizational dynamics, context, culture, and relationships. You invest time in building relationships and bring tact and judgment to senior level interactions.
- You are a curious, resourceful, and collaborative problem-solver. If you don’t know how to do something, you seek out resources and expertise from across the Human Capital team and beyond.
- You communicate clearly and succinctly. You are comfortable engaging an audience in person or by phone. You can explain just about anything to anyone and are a confident writer.
- You know how to be efficient. You enjoy leveraging technology, streamlining processes, and learning shortcuts so that you have more time to meet with and support employees. You enjoy sharing your findings with those around you, too!
- Education: bachelor’s degree and strong academic performance
- Experience: 4-5 years’ HR, employment law or HR compliance experience; experience in a professional services firm preferred
- Familiarity with US/UK and/or European employment law
- Flexibility for periodic overnight and global travel
- Occasional weekend and evening availability to handle urgent employee needs
- Near-term start date preferred
Work Location, Flexibility, and COVID Safety
We believe that an in-person environment provides the best opportunity for CRA to deliver on its promise of career growth and development for all colleagues. That said, CRA values the health, safety, and wellbeing of our colleagues and will require proof of vaccination for employment with CRA US offices (except in the case of medical or religious exemption). We provide our colleagues with the day-to-day flexibility to periodically work from home. Due to the changing nature and impact of COVID, our protocols are fluid and may change in accordance with government and regulatory guidance. For those who begin the interview process with CRA, your recruiting point of contact will be available to answer any questions about work location and COVID safety you may have.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AAE): Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled