This part-time Executive Assistant role (4 days a week) provides executive level administrative support to senior staff in the CRA Life Sciences team located in London. Our business depends on serving clients and a successful candidate will be a critical face to our customers and will be counted upon to communicate professionally, to demonstrate initiative and responsiveness, and to organize the meetings, calls and travel that underpin a successful professional services business.
About Charles River Associates
For over 50 years, Charles River Associates has been a premier consulting firm that offers employees a place to learn from a diverse group of consultants, industry experts, and academics. At CRA you will be exposed to leading minds who use economic, financial, and business analysis to solve complex world problems for an impressive roster of clients, including major law firms, Fortune 100 companies, and government agencies. Through a collegial environment, formal and informal training opportunities, and a broad array of professional development resources, your experience at CRA will open doors for you as you develop your career.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Charles River Associates is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our focus on equity and inclusion, we work to ensure a fair and consistent hiring process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
This position is an excellent chance for someone to learn the art of professional service business development by working closely with senior members of a thriving practice. A successful person in this role will be given progressively more responsibility and opportunities to support broader teams. This position requires occasional overtime as dictated by project work.
When we ask our employees what they found rewarding and enjoyable about building their careers with CRA, they often describe the interesting and challenging work, culture of learning and intellectual rigor, sense of collegiality, and environment where ideas and initiative are rewarded. Additionally, we offer competitive compensation and benefits, professional development and training workshops, wellness and well being benefits, and office social and volunteer activities.
- Provide administrative support: maintain calendars, routine correspondence, project organization, coordinate detailed travel arrangements, maintain files, organize internal and external meetings and social events, and provide administrative backup for other executive assistants
- Provide project support: oversee project billing, conflict checks, retention letters and project reports and documents; process expense reports, invoices, check requests and time-sheets in a timely
- Organize client outreach and maintain client opportunity list; coordinate regular update meetings with Vice Presidents to discuss progress and re-prioritize as necessary
- May include leading local onboarding: welcome new hires and coordinate onboarding activities, including office tours and attaining security badges
- May include acting as an internal and external liaison with corporate departments (Human Capital, Information Technology, Financial Administration, Communications, etc.) and other practices
- Logistics for company meetings/team building events, point person for office needs, ordering supplies
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree level qualification
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience
- Experience in professional services preferred (consulting, law, accounting, investments)
- Experience with Oracle’s financial reporting system preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, , Outlook)
- Energetic self-starter that can accomplish most tasks independently
- Strong interpersonal skills including a cooperative and professional attitude
- Displays good judgment under pressure
- Demonstrates excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail at a high level
- Has experience within high performing teams
- Well organized, flexible and capable of managing multiple priorities simultaneously
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to grasp the nature and basic concepts of our business
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- Maintains client, corporate and court-ordered confidentiality at all times
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter.
The position is for 4 days a week.
Work Location, Flexibility, and COVID Safety
We believe that an in-person environment provides the best opportunity for CRA to deliver on its promise of career growth and development for all colleagues. As we transition back to our offices, we will continue to monitor local government and regulatory guidance and adapt our safety guidelines, including proof-of-vaccination requirements, accordingly. We provide our colleagues with the day-to-day flexibility to periodically work from home. For those who begin the interview process with CRA, your recruiting point of contact will be available to answer any questions about work location and COVID safety you may have
The statements included in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.